Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nostrum

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
London
I've got a Sony NW-HD5 Mp3 play. I used it with my PC, but now I've got a Mac I want to use it with that. Does Sony provide the Sonic Stage Software for a Mac or can I use iTunes? Or is there some third party software out there that will allow me to use it with my PB?

Thanks

javiercr

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
London
nostrum said:
I've got a Sony NW-HD5 Mp3 play. I used it with my PC, but now I've got a Mac I want to use it with that. Does Sony provide the Sonic Stage Software for a Mac or can I use iTunes? Or is there some third party software out there that will allow me to use it with my PB?

Thanks

There is no Sonic Stage for Mac and iTunes only does iPods.

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
Officially no, as a hard drive I would say yes, but doubt that too. You might get it to mount, but playback would only be possible with 3rd party software for a HD5 and a Mac.

The question does arise though, why would you want a HD5 for mac when you could quite easily get a 20GB iPod with colour screen for about the same price?

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
javiercr said:
There is no Sonic Stage for Mac and iTunes only does iPods.
Actually iTunes will work with other MP3 players, but you lose all the cool features like syncing and tracking played songs etc. I had a Rio 600 back int he day and it worked with iTunes up until about year ago when it died.

Just try plugging the thing into your Mac and see what happens. Worst case scenario it doesn't work and Sony doesn't provide drivers. But it might just pop up and be available in iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.