Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plucky duck

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
I upgraded from Lion to ML before I thought about creating a key. Does the is leave the installation file on the ssd afterthe install or is it automatically deleted? If possible can someone please direct me to a step by step guide on how to proceed and what software to use? Thanks.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I upgraded from Lion to ML before I thought about creating a key. Does the is leave the installation file on the ssd afterthe install or is it automatically deleted? If possible can someone please direct me to a step by step guide on how to proceed and what software to use? Thanks.

It gets deleted after you do the install. Just redownload from the App Store and use this free app to make your USB key.

plucky duck

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
Much thanks! If I create the USB key from my Air, will I be able to use the key on both the Air and my iMac or do I need a separate key just for iMac?

Stonefly

Contributor
Dec 26, 2009
Nova Scotia
Or you can use disk utility to make your usb key. Just follow these easy 4 steps in the pic. Is how I make mine. You can use the key on both.

viZ1P.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.