Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmfel1926

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
I have a MBA 2012 11'' . when i am on battery and i see a flash video the battery is drained reaaaally quick ! is that normal ? why is flash videos so battery demanding?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I have a MBA 2012 11'' . when i am on battery and i see a flash video the battery is drained reaaaally quick ! is that normal ? why is flash videos so battery demanding?
Yes, Flash is notorious for placing high demands on system resources. For Flash-related issues:
  • Find your Flash version and make sure it's the latest version available. Never install or update Flash from a pop-up on a website. Always go to Adobe's site to get Flash or updates.
  • Install ClickToFlash (Safari), Flashblock (Firefox) or FlashBlock (Chrome) to control which Flash content plays on websites.
  • Try using the YouTube HTML5 Video Player to watch YouTube videos, when available. (May impact fullscreen viewing. See link for details.) Some have reported better performance with HTML5, while some have reported worse. Try it and find out what works best for you.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
I use safari as my main browser and i dont install flash on my computer, but chrome browser has a built in flash plugib to play flash files.

So whenever i find a flash site, i moved to chrome to play it. After it's done' i quit chrome and go back to safari.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.