Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Aug 11, 2012, 03:25 AM   #1
Romac
macrumors newbie

A couple questions

I'm looking into buying an Apple TV to watch our iTunes purchased content on and give our consoles a break from endless Netflix.

My real question is, can the tv be used with two iTunes accounts, mine and my fiancées? Or if not that, is there a way to combine our accounts or something from here on out?

The most frustrating thing for us with our apple products is the locking to one account.
Romac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 03:41 AM   #2
hafr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romac View Post
I'm looking into buying an Apple TV to watch our iTunes purchased content on and give our consoles a break from endless Netflix.

My real question is, can the tv be used with two iTunes accounts, mine and my fiancées? Or if not that, is there a way to combine our accounts or something from here on out?

The most frustrating thing for us with our apple products is the locking to one account.
Yes, there is. I don't know if you're talking about two separate iTunes libraries, two separate Apple ID's in the same iTunes library or two separate libraries, each with its own Apple ID. Either way, it's all doable

If everything is in one library: no worries, the number of Apple ID's is irrelevant as long as the computer is authorised for the ID's.

If everything is in several libraries: no worries, just use one Apple ID for Home Sharing, it's completely separate from iTunes store and so on. As long as it's the same ID on the ATV and in iTunes Home Sharing settings, it's all good.
hafr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater