Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Aug 11, 2012, 01:07 PM   #1
BaurPowr
macrumors newbie

Issue connecting PS3 Controller to OSX 10.8

I've looked and looked all over for a guide that works and all I keep finding is the same ol' "Plug in USB connector, enter 0000 s passcode...." etc. However i can't even get to that step apparently.

Whenever I plug my USB cord into my computer and then into my ps3 controller, the controller comes up as something odd like: ee-7f-00-00-00-00 and then when i hover over it and try to connect to it nothing happens.

I've looked and looked all over for a fix to this and I can't find something? Is it the drivers? I can't figure out for the life of me what's wrong.

Currently running Mountain Lion 10.8 if that helps...
BaurPowr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 01:31 PM   #2
k12g3
macrumors member

I have used mine with FIFA 12 on Mountain Lion. I used a program called "GamePad Companion" to connect it. Try that!

Good luck!
k12g3 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 01:59 PM   #3
BaurPowr
macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a way to play with my ps3 controller through bluetooth, not through he USB connection. I have a wired logitech controller if i wanted to do that. :/
BaurPowr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 04:59 AM   #4
optimus prime
macrumors regular

follow this exactly. it works perfectly. i use it to play snes roms and gta san andreas

http://youtu.be/5tEiiveuhRA
optimus prime is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:22 PM   #5
asknone9
macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem as BaurPowr ever since I installed 10.8.
asknone9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:29 AM   #6
-pete-
macrumors member

Same problem, it was working fine in Lion and now it seems to be broken, anyone know of a fix?
-pete- is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:35 AM   #7
Rossagues
macrumors member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by k12g3 View Post
I have used mine with FIFA 12 on Mountain Lion. I used a program called "GamePad Companion" to connect it. Try that!

Good luck!
Gamepad Companion 3.1 is on the App Store so you its easy to update and use too. So id go with k12g3 too!
iPod Touch 4th Gen, 8GB, 7.1.
Rossagues is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2012, 06:51 PM   #8
Starfox
macrumors regular

Keep it connected for a while before disconnecting, that sometimes happens when the battery is low.
Starfox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:15 PM   #9
gurnted
macrumors newbie

Simple way to get it to connect., and avoid pin request...add it's address to com.apple.Bluetooth.plist in HIDDevices array.

As for getting it to STAY connected....F.i.I.K

Our best bet is probably to try begging the people working on PSMove API for a little help.
gurnted is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:52 PM   #10
ivoruest
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus prime View Post
follow this exactly. it works perfectly. i use it to play snes roms and gta san andreas

http://youtu.be/5tEiiveuhRA
This solved all of my problems!!! Thank you!

Every one else, this is recommended.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:16 PM   #11
ajluchesa
macrumors newbie

Im having a similar problem! Please note that I currently have OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and I am trying to pair my Dualshock 3 controller.

I open bluetooth (from system preferences) turn on bluetooth (from the top menu bar) and hit the PS button on my controller. This causes the controller to connect. A popup appears asking me for a passcode in order to pair so I type in 0000 (the default passcode for bluetooth devices) and hit enter. After a few seconds the popup disappears but the controller is no longer connected! A half a second after that the controller reconnects and the same popup appears asking to pair again

Any ideas/ help?
ajluchesa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:34 AM   #12
ABuNeNe
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajluchesa View Post
Im having a similar problem! Please note that I currently have OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and I am trying to pair my Dualshock 3 controller.

I open bluetooth (from system preferences) turn on bluetooth (from the top menu bar) and hit the PS button on my controller. This causes the controller to connect. A popup appears asking me for a passcode in order to pair so I type in 0000 (the default passcode for bluetooth devices) and hit enter. After a few seconds the popup disappears but the controller is no longer connected! A half a second after that the controller reconnects and the same popup appears asking to pair again

Any ideas/ help?
I'm having the same problem here. It's keeping disappearing after I did the "Add to Favorite" and/or "Update services". I tried different passcodes, "0000", "oooo", "xxxx", ..., and they all give me the same behaviour.

Any help?
ABuNeNe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 02:27 AM   #13
kirdes
macrumors newbie

You need to restart macos after you added the controller to the favourites and during the controller is still connected.

This helps for me.
kirdes is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion