Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Avik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
I love the Devicewear Union but they only have one magnet for locking the smart cover into a reading position. Id like a second for the additional viewing angle...

I also know of the Incase Magnetic Snap Case which has two magnets but has quite a bit of Ipad exposure along the top and bottom.

Maybe one could glue a magnet to the back of the Union to get that second viewing angle?

Are there any other hard-back-cases that have dual magnets?

DashSatan

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
I absolutely love my incase magnetic. The second magnet is excellent for typing and the feel of the case is smooth. I'm extremely careful with my iPad so the opening at top and bottom doesnt bother me. My suggestion, go with incase, scratches don't show, it's smooth and clean, and durable. Only issue I had is I bought my first one and the magnet wasn't glued on properly, kept coming off. But best buy exchanged it for a new one for me as soon as I mentioned it.

Last edited:

joekim1026

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2011
I love the Devicewear Union but they only have one magnet for locking the smart cover into a reading position. Id like a second for the additional viewing angle...

I also know of the Incase Magnetic Snap Case which has two magnets but has quite a bit of Ipad exposure along the top and bottom.

Maybe one could glue a magnet to the back of the Union to get that second viewing angle?

Are there any other hard-back-cases that have dual magnets?

I have the devicewear union and I have no problem doing the viewing angle! You don't need the second magnet! Give it a try! The matte finish of the case holds my smart cover in place when i do it

thedward

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2011
The Incase Mag snap is definitely the best out there. The speck smartshell is decent but I much prefer Incase

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.