Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Aug 11, 2012, 02:07 PM   #1
jason2811
macrumors 6502a

Looking to replace my 4S for a Verizon Android with great battery life

I had a Droid Incredible for a year and liked it. Then I got a 4S and I've liked it (and jailbroke it) but the battery life is terrible. I like to change phones once per year and the new iPhone doesn't look like it will be anything special compared to the 4S. So I'm thinking of switching back to android.

I'm looking for a Verizon phone with the following features: battery life (most important-- I was thinking the Razr Maxx for this reason but heard the OS and screen aren't great), 4 inch screen, and stock Android (is this possible or only a feature of Google-branded phones?)

Any recommendations would be great! Thanks!
jason2811 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 02:11 PM   #2
tre peezy
macrumors newbie

If you want pure android you could go with the galaxy nexus. I have it on sprint and its a great phone
Old Aug 11, 2012, 03:10 PM   #3
scott craft
macrumors 6502

I would wait and see if Motorola releases a newer device with a battery similar to the razr maxx. That is probably the best battery life you will get.
scott craft is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 03:55 PM   #4
blackhand1001
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2811 View Post
I had a Droid Incredible for a year and liked it. Then I got a 4S and I've liked it (and jailbroke it) but the battery life is terrible. I like to change phones once per year and the new iPhone doesn't look like it will be anything special compared to the 4S. So I'm thinking of switching back to android.

I'm looking for a Verizon phone with the following features: battery life (most important-- I was thinking the Razr Maxx for this reason but heard the OS and screen aren't great), 4 inch screen, and stock Android (is this possible or only a feature of Google-branded phones?)

Any recommendations would be great! Thanks!
RAZR Maxx is a good choice. The android 4.0 update fixed the software issue. Its now much better. I've heard the s3 has great battery as well. I've had good battery with my nexus as well. If you had the amoled incredible you should be fine with the screen on the RAZR. The RAZR software skin in 4.0 is now by far the closest to stock android out of the different skins. Looks nothing like motoblur anymore. Battery life is crazy good on it as well. My friend Has one and uses the Nav on it all day, he drives for a living and still can't kill the battery. It really is great on battery and the build quality is excellent.
blackhand1001 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices