Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jason2811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006
I had a Droid Incredible for a year and liked it. Then I got a 4S and I've liked it (and jailbroke it) but the battery life is terrible. I like to change phones once per year and the new iPhone doesn't look like it will be anything special compared to the 4S. So I'm thinking of switching back to android.

I'm looking for a Verizon phone with the following features: battery life (most important-- I was thinking the Razr Maxx for this reason but heard the OS and screen aren't great), 4 inch screen, and stock Android (is this possible or only a feature of Google-branded phones?)

Any recommendations would be great! Thanks!

tre peezy

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2012
fl
If you want pure android you could go with the galaxy nexus. I have it on sprint and its a great phone

scott craft

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2011
Louisiana
I would wait and see if Motorola releases a newer device with a battery similar to the razr maxx. That is probably the best battery life you will get.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
I had a Droid Incredible for a year and liked it. Then I got a 4S and I've liked it (and jailbroke it) but the battery life is terrible. I like to change phones once per year and the new iPhone doesn't look like it will be anything special compared to the 4S. So I'm thinking of switching back to android.

I'm looking for a Verizon phone with the following features: battery life (most important-- I was thinking the Razr Maxx for this reason but heard the OS and screen aren't great), 4 inch screen, and stock Android (is this possible or only a feature of Google-branded phones?)

Any recommendations would be great! Thanks!

RAZR Maxx is a good choice. The android 4.0 update fixed the software issue. Its now much better. I've heard the s3 has great battery as well. I've had good battery with my nexus as well. If you had the amoled incredible you should be fine with the screen on the RAZR. The RAZR software skin in 4.0 is now by far the closest to stock android out of the different skins. Looks nothing like motoblur anymore. Battery life is crazy good on it as well. My friend Has one and uses the Nav on it all day, he drives for a living and still can't kill the battery. It really is great on battery and the build quality is excellent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.