Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
I'm in the market for a sleeve for my new 15" MBP. I've been reading through the threads on this forum and am now considering the Waterfield Sleevecase. Two questions that I can't find an answer to here or on their website:

1-Are the inside seams covered with neoprene? I read one review, albeit old, that claimed the outside fabric was exposed on the inner seams and rubbed against the MBP.
2-If I order one with a flap, does the flap provide protection? I.e. is it padded or is it just made from the same fabric as the outside of the sleeve?

Thanks in advance for any help that's available from people who own these. Before I spend $70 on a sleeve with d-rings and a flap I'd like to know more about what I'm receiving, and I'd prefer to hear from users before I contact the company.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
The neoprene inside is edge-butted so when you look at it you see the neoprene and some straight black stiches, period. It's all in one plane, there is no seam allowance sticking up inside, so nothing of the outer material shows inside.

The inside of the flap is lined the same as the interior of the sleeve. I love their sleeves, workmanship is great, I always go back to WaterField for a sleeve now.

moshen

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2005
The flap is absolutely worth getting, is made of the same material and provides good protection. They are stellar cases and I've bought two already. I have one barely used for sale if you don't want to pay full price (PM or email me moshenext @ gmail.com)

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
I decided to order a new Waterfield SleeveCase to match my new MBP. The service is excellent - I ordered Sunday evening, the case was shipped on Monday by priority mail (I paid for FedEx, which is less expensive) and was delivered today on the East Coast! The case is exactly what I wanted, so I may join the cadre of Waterfield boosters on the forum.

Thanks for the answers that sealed my decision.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.