Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cutcopypaste

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2008
I know there have been some reports of battery life issues etc. I'm just wondering if people have experience with MBP performance on late 2008 macbook pros. Wondering what the chances of it improving/degrading performance of my machine are..

lazer155

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
I know there have been some reports of battery life issues etc. I'm just wondering if people have experience with MBP performance on late 2008 macbook pros. Wondering what the chances of it improving/degrading performance of my machine are..

I don't have experience with 2008 macs but my 2009 macbook pro is running great on mountain lion. I haven't had any issues with decreased battery life. It should be about the same for your late 2008 since mine is a late 2009. I think the issues people are having have to do with mountain lion being new and needing some updates/tweaks.

tygrubb

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
ML returned my mid 2007 MBP to Snow Leopard-like performance. I would recommend either SL or ML for older Macs. Lion just wasn't fully baked. YMMV.

mactumors

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2008
I'm running it on a late 2008 MacBook Pro (4GB/2.53GHz). I don't notice any difference in performance from Lion. I think it runs better. Might use a little more memory.

tygrubb

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Note that I did a clean install. That has made a difference for a lot of people, but not everyone.

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
Just do it!

Penryn 2008 Macbook Pro and ML is a very nice and well done OS.
I do think it runs a little warmer overall, especially if you have a lot of Safari tabs open. Google Chrome seems to run cooler.

YMMV :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.