Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Aug 12, 2012, 06:31 AM   #1
OhMissSixty
macrumors newbie

Multiple Recovered folders in Outlook for Mac

I had a repetitive problem with outlook where I had to rebuild the database repeatedly. I may have fixed that by recreating identity following advice from elsewhere in the forum, but now I have about 40 Recovered Folders with sundry mail in them. The question is what to do with them ? Do I need to restore them or delete them or does anyone know what is in them ? I cant see a discernible pattern.
Any advice appreciated.
I am using a Macbook air OS 10.7.4 and Office for Mac 14.2.2.
OhMissSixty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:38 AM   #2
stevebarling
macrumors newbie

Same problem

I also have this problem (except i have 125 'recovered folders'). The emails in these folders seem to have been taken off the server (i am now using a company exchange server) and hence i don't want to delete them.

I did repair the database a few weeks ago but not sure when these appeared. Seems to have been after i added my new Exchange Account.

How has this happened? What can i do? (i don't seem to be able to drag the emails back to my inbox ... in a hope to get them back on the server)

please help.

MacBook Pro OS version 10.8
Mountain Lion
Outlook 2011 version 14.2.3
stevebarling is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2014, 11:42 AM   #3
bmerchant
macrumors newbie

100+ recovered folders in Calendar

I have over 100 recovered folders in Calendar. All have sub-folders for all categories (colors) and all are empty of any events.
I want to delete them all, and don't want to have to do that one at a time. Any way I can delete them in bulk?
Any way to select multiple recovered folders to delete all at once?
bmerchant is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help