Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:12 PM   #1
Joe-M
macrumors newbie

Apple Mail and ML

I installed ML on both my iMac and MacAir 3 or 4 weeks ago and am happy with the performance except for one thing....I use the Mail program for my email and ever since I installed ML, the Mail program keeps asking for my password whenever it checks for new mail. I have no problem sending or receiving mail, but when the program checks for new mail, it asks for my password, which I have left in settings.

Anybody have any similar experience and, if so, found a solution???

Thanks in advance.
Joe-M is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 01:14 PM   #2
Nihilvor
macrumors member

Mail is really messed up for me too. I can't send any emails, from any of my email accounts!

In other forums, where people have posted the same problem, people mentioned changing the Wi-Fi settings. However, I'm not using wireless for my router; it's wired.

It's really frustrating. From all the different issues I'm seeing, Mail appears to be the weak point for 10.8, so I'm looking forward to a fix.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 04:36 PM   #3
robgendreau
macrumors 68000

Yahoo, at least in IMAP, seems to have known issues. It sporadically asks for my password.

Gmail and iCloud work fine for me, however. What email system are you using and what settings?
robgendreau is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 04:46 PM   #4
ratfink
macrumors member

I haven't had any issues with Gmail and IMAP. Maybe try changing your password?
ratfink is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 05:59 PM   #5
Icy1007
macrumors 6502a

Hmm that's weird. Mail is working exactly as it did before I upgraded to ML.

I have four mail accounts and it hasn't asked me for my password.
Icy1007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 06:14 PM   #6
SpyderBite
macrumors 65816

I host my own email and those accounts work fine. I do also have a yahoo and a gmail account in apple mail and neither one has given me a problem.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:18 AM   #7
Badrottie
macrumors 68030

still have problem with yahoo and aol…it is so annoying!!!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion