Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StarFoxA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
I have a late 2011 MBP that I have Mac OS X 10.8 installed on, and I'm trying to configure the Windows 8 preview on here. I have it installed and everything, but for some reason it's unable to connect to my wireless network. Ethernet works fine, but it won't detect any wireless networks. Am I missing drivers or something?

Edit: Just noticed another issue. It doesn't seem like my sound is working either.

Last edited:

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
I have a late 2011 MBP that I have Mac OS X 10.8 installed on, and I'm trying to configure the Windows 8 preview on here. I have it installed and everything, but for some reason it's unable to connect to my wireless network. Ethernet works fine, but it won't detect any wireless networks. Am I missing drivers or something?

Edit: Just noticed another issue. It doesn't seem like my sound is working either.

My sound wasn't working either - did you install in efi mode?

My wireless worked fine after I installed the boot camp drivers though.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere

Definately need to install the bootcamp drivers, then wifi and everything else will work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.