Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:04 AM   #1
jpiszcz
macrumors regular

Question How to remove Local Disk (under DCIM)

Hello,

I have two files of type "Local Disk" on my iPhone in one of the picture directories, when I copy all and paste (to copy the pics off the phone) it only copies some of them because when it hits those Local Disk files it stops the copy.

Any way to get rid of them without jailbreaking?
You cannot delete them from Windows explorer.

This has been asked elsewhere but no answers.

Justin.

Last edited by jpiszcz; Aug 13, 2012 at 06:05 AM. Reason: pic
jpiszcz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:39 PM   #2
jpiszcz
macrumors regular

I went through a lot of the old photos I took and deleted the bad ones, those local disk files disappeared after that.
jpiszcz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:06 PM   #3
CSMchris376
macrumors regular

The easiest way to handle pictures on a Windows computer (and it appears you are using Windows 7) is to just use the Import command. It would help prevent some of the issues you are experiencing in copying and pasting photos. I would assume that you are deleting the pictures in the camera roll after moving them to the computer? This way you can also delete them after the import and let Windows take care of that as well. With Import, you just have a couple of clicks and it will only import those photos that you have not imported in the past, thus eliminating duplicates.

To each his own, and I am not saying you are doing it wrong, it is just a little easier the other way. You can have Auto Run configured since the phone is recognized as a digital camera and have it open Import automatically.
CSMchris376 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 06:22 PM   #4
redhotcujo
macrumors newbie

Getting rid of multiple folders/local disks

Old thread but I think I found a solution. Had four local disks showing up under my DCIM folder and also having multiple folders in there. It was a pain in the ass but I deleted all the photos I didn't want any more, saved the rest onto my pc and any ones I wanted to keep on the iphone I imported with picture safe (im sure you could use similar apps to accomplish the same thing). Any way after deleting everything out of my camera roll I now am back to one folder and no local disks showing up. Awesome.
hope this helps someone
redhotcujo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Tags
dcim, local disk, pictures