Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KingHuds

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
So I've tried to downgrade from the iPad baseband on my 3GS, redsn0w runs, does its thing, but my 3GS then shows a blank baseband and all radio functions stop working, installing the iPad baseband again fixes this, any help?

Also I've been trying to upgrade to 5.1 (on 4.1 right now), but even in DFU mode shift-restore is not working in the latest itunes.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
So I've tried to downgrade from the iPad baseband on my 3GS, redsn0w runs, does its thing, but my 3GS then shows a blank baseband and all radio functions stop working, installing the iPad baseband again fixes this, any help?

Also I've been trying to upgrade to 5.1 (on 4.1 right now), but even in DFU mode shift-restore is not working in the latest itunes.

are you making the ipsw in snowbreese? for the shif+click restore

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

If the downgrade doesn't work the 1st time, keep repeating it until it works (might take 2 or 3 tries)

KingHuds

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
are you making the ipsw in snowbreese? for the shif+click restore

Sorry should have clarified - holding shift and clocking restore doesn't bring up the file select screen, just continues with the standard restore.

If the downgrade doesn't work the 1st time, keep repeating it until it works (might take 2 or 3 tries)

So the blank baseband is common? I tried it twice with the same results, just didn't want to brick the phone, especially since it has no GPS problems even on the iPad baseband.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.