Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:27 PM   #1
Titus
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Apple TV for bedroom?

I currently have an iMac, iPads, iPhone, & iPod Touch. My Smart TV in the living room has no trouble streaming netflix but my smart DVD (Panasonic) has trouble (it has no trouble with HuluPlus but will not connect to Netflix). I'm using Airport Extreme. The bedroom TV is two-year old Sumsung but not a smart TV. If I put an Apple TV in the bedroom will this solve my problem with Netflix? I've called Panasonic and they can't help.

I figure the Apple TV would have other uses for me but Netflix is my main reason for wanting it.
Titus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:33 PM   #2
Anonymous Freak
macrumors 68040
 
Anonymous Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cascadia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
I currently have an iMac, iPads, iPhone, & iPod Touch. My Smart TV in the living room has no trouble streaming netflix but my smart DVD (Panasonic) has trouble (it has no trouble with HuluPlus but will not connect to Netflix). I'm using Airport Extreme. The bedroom TV is two-year old Sumsung but not a smart TV. If I put an Apple TV in the bedroom will this solve my problem with Netflix? I've called Panasonic and they can't help.

I figure the Apple TV would have other uses for me but Netflix is my main reason for wanting it.
Yeah, it can do Netflix and Hulu.
__________________

20" Aluminum iMac 7,1 (mid-2007, Santa Rosa,) upgraded to 2.6 GHz Penryn, 6 GB RAM, 1 TB HD, 4 TB total external hard drive
Anonymous Freak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:33 PM   #3
heisenberg123
macrumors 603
 
heisenberg123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
I currently have an iMac, iPads, iPhone, & iPod Touch. My Smart TV in the living room has no trouble streaming netflix but my smart DVD (Panasonic) has trouble (it has no trouble with HuluPlus but will not connect to Netflix). I'm using Airport Extreme. The bedroom TV is two-year old Sumsung but not a smart TV. If I put an Apple TV in the bedroom will this solve my problem with Netflix? I've called Panasonic and they can't help.

I figure the Apple TV would have other uses for me but Netflix is my main reason for wanting it.
yes the apple TV would be good for netflix and hulu plus it also will let you rent/buy movies from iTunes, play all your content on your iMacs itunes library, internet radio, watch movie trailers, mlb.tv and nab.tv suscriptions if your have those, and even more
__________________
15" i7 Quad Core MBP (Early 2011) 2.0GHz, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD and 1TB HD, AMD Radeon HD 6490M(Intel HD Graphics 3000) OSX 10.9
64GB iPhone 6 Gold(en route)

Last edited by heisenberg123; Aug 13, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
heisenberg123 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:55 AM   #4
Titus
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Thanks.
Titus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:49 PM   #5
reckless2k2
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I have a smart TV, a smart DVD, and TiVo with horrible Netflix experiences. The picture quality was not good and connection issues.

The Apple TV though has provided me with a MUCH better viewing and connection experience than these other smart devices. I tend to only connect to these types of services through my Apple TV now because of it.
__________________
Not sent from my iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad.
reckless2k2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:30 AM   #6
Titus
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
I bought it and set it up in 15 minutes. Works perfect. Watched Netflix and the stream was smooth.

Very easy to set up. Great value.
Titus is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:43 AM   #7
98EXL
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: not on the moon
Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless2k2 View Post
I have a smart TV, a smart DVD, and TiVo with horrible Netflix experiences. The picture quality was not good and connection issues.

The Apple TV though has provided me with a MUCH better viewing and connection experience than these other smart devices. I tend to only connect to these types of services through my Apple TV now because of it.
+1 and +1
98EXL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:55 PM   #8
Apple...
macrumors 68020
 
Apple...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sioux Falls, SD, U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
I bought it and set it up in 15 minutes. Works perfect. Watched Netflix and the stream was smooth.

Very easy to set up. Great value.
Yup. I bought one for my family about a year ago and we all love it.
__________________
"Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish." - Steve Jobs

Wishful irony: Apple buys Dell, shuts it down, and gives the $ back to the shareholders. Just because it can.
Apple... is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lock on bedroom door? how to deal with theivery Sossity Picture Gallery 8 Apr 20, 2014 09:35 PM
Small HDTV for console gaming in bedroom Solomani Console Games 4 Feb 20, 2014 08:27 AM
Show us your small bedroom setups! AdamInNi Picture Gallery 11 Jun 26, 2013 07:59 PM
Best way to share Ethernet connection in back bedroom? chupacabra31 Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking 6 Dec 9, 2012 07:45 AM
Bedroom Media Area wrinkster22 Apple TV and Home Theater 4 Jun 9, 2012 02:15 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC