Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:27 PM   #1
Titus
macrumors member

Apple TV for bedroom?

I currently have an iMac, iPads, iPhone, & iPod Touch. My Smart TV in the living room has no trouble streaming netflix but my smart DVD (Panasonic) has trouble (it has no trouble with HuluPlus but will not connect to Netflix). I'm using Airport Extreme. The bedroom TV is two-year old Sumsung but not a smart TV. If I put an Apple TV in the bedroom will this solve my problem with Netflix? I've called Panasonic and they can't help.

I figure the Apple TV would have other uses for me but Netflix is my main reason for wanting it.
Titus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:33 PM   #2
Anonymous Freak
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
I currently have an iMac, iPads, iPhone, & iPod Touch. My Smart TV in the living room has no trouble streaming netflix but my smart DVD (Panasonic) has trouble (it has no trouble with HuluPlus but will not connect to Netflix). I'm using Airport Extreme. The bedroom TV is two-year old Sumsung but not a smart TV. If I put an Apple TV in the bedroom will this solve my problem with Netflix? I've called Panasonic and they can't help.

I figure the Apple TV would have other uses for me but Netflix is my main reason for wanting it.
Yeah, it can do Netflix and Hulu.

20" Aluminum iMac 7,1 (mid-2007, Santa Rosa,) upgraded to 2.6 GHz Penryn, 6 GB RAM, 1 TB HD, 4 TB total external hard drive
Anonymous Freak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:33 PM   #3
heisenberg123
macrumors 603

Quote:

yes the apple TV would be good for netflix and hulu plus it also will let you rent/buy movies from iTunes, play all your content on your iMacs itunes library, internet radio, watch movie trailers, mlb.tv and nab.tv suscriptions if your have those, and even more

Last edited by heisenberg123; Aug 13, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
heisenberg123 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:55 AM   #4
Titus
macrumors member

Thanks.
Titus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:49 PM   #5
reckless2k2
macrumors 6502

I have a smart TV, a smart DVD, and TiVo with horrible Netflix experiences. The picture quality was not good and connection issues.

The Apple TV though has provided me with a MUCH better viewing and connection experience than these other smart devices. I tend to only connect to these types of services through my Apple TV now because of it.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:30 AM   #6
Titus
macrumors member

I bought it and set it up in 15 minutes. Works perfect. Watched Netflix and the stream was smooth.

Very easy to set up. Great value.
Titus is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:43 AM   #7
98EXL
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless2k2 View Post
I have a smart TV, a smart DVD, and TiVo with horrible Netflix experiences. The picture quality was not good and connection issues.

The Apple TV though has provided me with a MUCH better viewing and connection experience than these other smart devices. I tend to only connect to these types of services through my Apple TV now because of it.
+1 and +1
98EXL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:55 PM   #8
Apple...
macrumors 68020

Quote:
I bought it and set it up in 15 minutes. Works perfect. Watched Netflix and the stream was smooth.

Very easy to set up. Great value.
Yup. I bought one for my family about a year ago and we all love it.

Wishful irony: Apple buys Dell, shuts it down, and gives the $ back to the shareholders. Just because it can.
Apple... is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater