Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Titus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
I currently have an iMac, iPads, iPhone, & iPod Touch. My Smart TV in the living room has no trouble streaming netflix but my smart DVD (Panasonic) has trouble (it has no trouble with HuluPlus but will not connect to Netflix). I'm using Airport Extreme. The bedroom TV is two-year old Sumsung but not a smart TV. If I put an Apple TV in the bedroom will this solve my problem with Netflix? I've called Panasonic and they can't help.

I figure the Apple TV would have other uses for me but Netflix is my main reason for wanting it.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
I currently have an iMac, iPads, iPhone, & iPod Touch. My Smart TV in the living room has no trouble streaming netflix but my smart DVD (Panasonic) has trouble (it has no trouble with HuluPlus but will not connect to Netflix). I'm using Airport Extreme. The bedroom TV is two-year old Sumsung but not a smart TV. If I put an Apple TV in the bedroom will this solve my problem with Netflix? I've called Panasonic and they can't help.

I figure the Apple TV would have other uses for me but Netflix is my main reason for wanting it.

Yeah, it can do Netflix and Hulu.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario

yes the apple TV would be good for netflix and hulu plus it also will let you rent/buy movies from iTunes, play all your content on your iMacs itunes library, internet radio, watch movie trailers, mlb.tv and nab.tv suscriptions if your have those, and even more

Last edited:

reckless2k2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
I have a smart TV, a smart DVD, and TiVo with horrible Netflix experiences. The picture quality was not good and connection issues.

The Apple TV though has provided me with a MUCH better viewing and connection experience than these other smart devices. I tend to only connect to these types of services through my Apple TV now because of it.

Titus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
I bought it and set it up in 15 minutes. Works perfect. Watched Netflix and the stream was smooth.

Very easy to set up. Great value.

98EXL

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
not on the moon
I have a smart TV, a smart DVD, and TiVo with horrible Netflix experiences. The picture quality was not good and connection issues.

The Apple TV though has provided me with a MUCH better viewing and connection experience than these other smart devices. I tend to only connect to these types of services through my Apple TV now because of it.

+1 and +1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.