Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleFan115

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Will I be able to use my FAN Discount on Apple.com to purchase the iPhone 5? I am moving to AT&T for the first time, so I'm wondering if there is a way to add this in at checkout time.

Thanks.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
not 100% sure, but i thought that was just a discount on your monthly plan, not phone prices.

brianbunge

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2011
Kennesaw, GA
That's correct, it's only on the monthly plan. You usually have to do this through the AT&T EMO website. Your co-workers can tell you how to access the site to add your discount.

AppleFan115

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Oh sorry guys. I was referring to the plan only though. I was wondering if it was available at checkout. I could do it on AT&T.com but I want to get it on launch day. :D The stock isn't as high on the AT&T online store as it is on the Apple online store. Can anyone confirm whether the discount can be added on the plan on the Apple online Store? Or can it just be added after I have the iPhone and I can just log in on the AT&T website?

Bobby.e

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2012
Kansas
Oh sorry guys. I was referring to the plan only though. I was wondering if it was available at checkout. I could do it on AT&T.com but I want to get it on launch day. :D The stock isn't as high on the AT&T online store as it is on the Apple online store. Can anyone confirm whether the discount can be added on the plan on the Apple online Store? Or can it just be added after I have the iPhone and I can just log in on the AT&T website?

You can add it later. You can always go to att after you buy it and they can do it in their stores.

AppleFan115

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
You can add it later. You can always go to att after you buy it and they can do it in their stores.

Thanks man. I'll do that. I'm going to do it as soon as I can on the AT&T account. I'm also assuming that I can get the FAN discount on the first payment since they calculate the bill after a month of usage is done. But....knowing AT&T, they might say my billing cycle has already started and that I have to wait for the next month before the discount can be added.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
I already have a fan discount & will be upgrading to the iphone 5,early upgrade $200

If i preoder on apple.com will my fan discount be removed ?

brianbunge

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2011
Kennesaw, GA
A FAN discount refers to a discount b/c of one's organization or place of employment.

LOL, yeah I know what a FAN discount is. I work for AT&T. That's why I was asking if he specifically meant the AT&T employee FAN discount or just a FAN through some other employer. If he's an AT&T employee he has to use the EMO website. If not, he just needs to bring in his work ID with his photo, company name and exp date on it or a recent paystub with his name and company name on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.