Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
It's weird, videos work EVERYWHERE else like Youtube, and any other random site that has flash videos. When I go to ESPN, they never play.

If you go to ESPN.com, their homepage typically has a video to showcase some news story. These never seem to play for me. The odd part is that when I hover over the time, I can see the little preview of what part of the video I would be at ... for example if I hover over to the 1:32 mark, I'd see a screenshot preview of what would be playing at 1:32... only thing is the video won't play. So weird

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

jvj24601

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2012
I had the same problem over all three browsers on my system:Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.

It turns out that the issue was due to Adobe Flash settings (System Preferences | Other | Flash Player | Storage). Apparently I had a bunch of sites blocked from using Local Storage Settings - not sure how long ago I did that. I just up and removed all sites from the list, and my ESPN videos now play. Hope this helps.

For the record, my primary browser is Firefox (always latest version) with extensions Adblock Plus (disable ads) and Flashblock (require an extra click to enable Flash content, so videos don't automatically start playing when a page loads).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.