Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LxHunter

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 14, 2010
Just a heads up to anyone considering this screen protector.
The blacked out portion blocks the ambient light sensor on my iPhone 4S
Otherwise, easy installation and I like it.
PS - purchased online for a reasonable price - regular price is not competitive with SGP Glas.t or others.
PPS -(edit) after some fiddling have removed the rainbow. [ just noticed an oval rainbow in the middle of the screen - have tried to fix but no luck. ]

I am going to give up on tempered glass screen protectors and go back to plastic.

Update: I removed some of the black to the left of the top clear rectangle with the tip of a knife - the ambient light sensor works now.

Last edited:

LittleGwen

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
USA
Have you tried other glass screen protectors, such as GLAS.t? how does it compare to those? Seeing as how you're going to give up on glass screen protectors, I'm guessing you're not satisfied with them?

LxHunter

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 14, 2010
Have you tried other glass screen protectors, such as GLAS.t? how does it compare to those? Seeing as how you're going to give up on glass screen protectors, I'm guessing you're not satisfied with them?

I have tried the Glas.t and really liked it. Only problem was installing without dust specks - even with the shower trick. I prefer the feel of the glass type, just hard to get a perfect install - more my OCD than a technical issue. Back to using an SGP Ultra Crystal.

G-TEC

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2012
Toronto, ON
Just a heads up to anyone considering this screen protector.
The blacked out portion blocks the ambient light sensor on my iPhone 4S
Otherwise, easy installation and I like it.
PS - purchased online for a reasonable price - regular price is not competitive with SGP Glas.t or others.
PPS -(edit) after some fiddling have removed the rainbow. [ just noticed an oval rainbow in the middle of the screen - have tried to fix but no luck. ]

I am going to give up on tempered glass screen protectors and go back to plastic.

Update: I removed some of the black to the left of the top clear rectangle with the tip of a knife - the ambient light sensor works now.

Have been using one on my 4S for a couple of months now and have never had any issues with the light sensor being blocked. Bought on eBay. Love the screen protector, would recommend it. Great at resisting finger prints. Have compared the sensitivity to a bare iPhone and it feels identical. No bubbles, although its been inside a Trident Cyclops2 case (plastic screen protector removed) so can't tell if there are any bubbles near the edge like the Spigen one.

LxHunter

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 14, 2010
Have been using one on my 4S for a couple of months now and have never had any issues with the light sensor being blocked. Bought on eBay. Love the screen protector, would recommend it. Great at resisting finger prints. Have compared the sensitivity to a bare iPhone and it feels identical. No bubbles, although its been inside a Trident Cyclops2 case (plastic screen protector removed) so can't tell if there are any bubbles near the edge like the Spigen one.

Yes, agree. Great screen protector, can't tell it is on the phone. And, much easier to install and adjust than the GLAS.t. And after a little knife adjustment work the ambient light sensor is working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.