Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:18 PM   #1
djphatbeat
macrumors newbie

Not enough WiFi?

Hope someone can help me shed some light? on my problems. here is my set up qiestion at the bottom.

I have a constant 6.5MB connection through BT and am using their Hub v.3.

I have 2 Lacie Network Space 2 drives connected to a BT hub (1TB and a 2TB)
via ethernet and then a PS3 and a Apple TV (v3) about 4m from the router.

I use different apps to stream videos from my NAS drives to the PS3 or the Apple TV with varying degrees of success.

VUZE plays well with my PS3 but you have to swap out the TOSC cable from the Apple TV to the PS3 to get audio (I have to reinvest in a new amp or a audio switcher)

Apple TV only works with Airparrot and stutters playing video most of the time and doesn't fill a 1080p 32" TV.

SOOOOOO

With my current router all the above traffic plus 2 iphones and 2 MBPs am I overloading the wifi and thus causing the NAS disks not to mount or produce a slow connection speed?

Thanks
djphatbeat is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater