Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rocanlover163

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
I was working on a project and had made some pretty important changes. I started to work with a .jpg file when FCPX crashed on me. When I reopened the project my whole sequence was gone.. :confused: The sequence was replaced with just the .jpg file I was working with..

I searched youtube and google to find out if there was a solution or a way to revert back to my old sequence. The only thing I found that seemed somewhat helpful was this video:
http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/mspencer/story/fcp_x_and_auto_backup/

Now I know this was probably dumb of me.. but I did step by step what the video showed to try and manually corrupt my project and use the backup file, but it did not work. My project file IS corrupt but when I open FCPX it does not prompt me to restoer a corrupt project. It just opens like normal with no projects. I only had two projects made so far (1 test project and 1 I was currently working on). I manually corrupted both, but nothing helped. Any ideas if I can use the backups in the "backups" folder to restore my project?

Luckily I have plenty of time to start over on the project, but I would definitely like to restore my project if I can. Any ideas? I can't seem to find much information anywhere.

And yes I know the video stated not to try what they did at home, but I had nothing to lose, so I gave it a try. I still have all the footage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.