Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dominicdiep

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
I've been ignoring the issue of slow scrolling on Chrome on the MBA, but when Safari feels so much smoother in use it makes me irritated to see how choppy Chrome is in comparison. Does anyone else notice this issue?

ketchup4life06

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2010
Yeah seems to be a common annoyance. I have chrome installed for when I need to use flash for something haha.

robdrj45

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
USA
IME, Chrome's scrolling isn't quite as smooth as Safari's, but it's not what I'd call slow or choppy...i.e., it's not annoying to use. IIRC, I'm using the default settings.

aircanman

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
UK
When using Chrome, you will notice on the top left of the tab, there is a rolling animation which means the site is still loading, when this is rotating, the browser is very very choppy. But when it stops, it is 90% as good as Safari.

Thing is, Safari is smooth from the off, as soon as Chrome realise how to do this it will be the best browser.

Calot

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2012
I SURREALLY hate Google, so I'm glad their doodoo programs run like crap, just like Samsung's new Galaxy Note 10.1 is getting rammed by reviewers, that kind of stuff makes my day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.