Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryukouki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
I'm trying to run macfanx64.exe and I don't wanna keep typing RPM every time I log on. Is there a way to create a shortcut that runs the specified parameters?

usually i just run cmd.exe and then type 'macfanx64.exe 5800" to switch the RPM to the 5800 but that gets annoying after a bit :p I can get a shortcut that runs the macfan.exe but it doesn't change the RPM. How can I do this?

Ryukouki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
I'm trying to run macfanx64.exe and I don't wanna keep typing RPM every time I log on. Is there a way to create a shortcut that runs the specified parameters?

usually i just run cmd.exe and then type 'macfanx64.exe 5800" to switch the RPM to the 5800 but that gets annoying after a bit :p I can get a shortcut that runs the macfan.exe but it doesn't change the RPM. How can I do this?

I know there's a way to create bat files to do the work! How can I do this?

niterage69

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2014
Re:

you can make a simple ".bat" file in the same directory (folder) as your macfan program. then just create a shortcut in your "startup" folder for all users or just yourself. batch code below:

Code:
timeout /t 30
c:\yourmacfandirectory\macfanx64.exe 5800
pause

you can change the timeout from 30secs to whatever you wish. i use 20 sec's, as this allow time for the bootcamp services to complete it's cycle before adjusting the fan speed.
the pause at the end can be removed, if you want it to auto close when it completes (without you having to press enter (return)). i like the pause since, it allows me to see that macfan has actually adjusted the speed to what i choose ;)

additionally, you can create multiple batch files ".bat" to have different shortcuts for multiple speeds, useful to quickly change speeds for different uses. eg. 1 for gamining/high graphics, 1 for video, 1 for standard web browing...etc

hope this helps :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.