Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trinity82

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2012
My iPhone is a mess with apps everywhere. How do you all organize your apps? I tried putting them in alphabetical order but that takes forever. Know of any apps that help organize?

fizz7283

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
Well I'm jailbroken so I use activator menus. Swipe from left of home screen for apps and right from home screen for games. Then I alphabetize the menus.

Before I was jailbroken I had them all alphabetized as well on the springboard.

Mliii

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2006
Southern California
I group Apps according to their function. For example, my Weather apps are all in the same folder, my Shopping apps are all in the same folder, my Communication apps are all in the same folder, etc. I never have more than three folders per page so I can see my wallpaper and it feels organized.

There is no 'right or wrong' on this, but it is comfortable and clear for me- just my personal strategy.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
Well I'm jailbroken so I use activator menus. Swipe from left of home screen for apps and right from home screen for games. Then I alphabetize the menus.

Before I was jailbroken I had them all alphabetized as well on the springboard.

Can you tell me how you bring up the menu instead of the icons that come up? This is my first iPhone (4S) had no idea it had a menu option. Mine is not jailbroken. Thanks.

fizz7283

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
Can you tell me how you bring up the menu instead of the icons that come up? This is my first iPhone (4S) had no idea it had a menu option. Mine is not jailbroken. Thanks.

Unfortunately a stock iPhone does not have menus, can only do it if you're jailbroken.

dialed1

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2008
Utah
Hide all the useless stock ones you don't use. And also calculator, settings, notes. And just swipe left and search to use them. I like this. JB with activator helps immensely as well

bloutrein

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Durban
Place your apps into folders according to what they generally serve you for.

I have FB, Whatsapp, Digg, G+ Twitter in folder named Social.
Podcasts, iTunes, Shazam, Imdb app and BBC iPlacer under Entertainment.
Maps, and Google Earth under Travel.
Google Currents, Weather, Mobile RSS, Stocks and Wikipedia app under News & Info.
All my game apps are under (not surprisingly) Games.
I also have all unneeded by me apps like the YouTube app or Safari (I use Google Chrome) disabled under Settings > Restrictions or placed under folder named Other on the second slide of my iPhone Home screen.

Hope I was able to provide some inspiration :)

R1PPER

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2008
One feature i wish i could change the background on each page....so utilites have a blue background, games are red etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.