Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Google Drive/Docs vs. MS Office

• MS Office

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Google Drive/Docs

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
No poll attached so I guess you are just looking for comments. I don't like MS Office for Mac, but I have 3 licenses...Purely for compatibility, It's still the industry standard and I can't see that changing anytime soon. I don't use Outlook as it's full of bugs on a Mac, but Word is a must have for me at least.

I tend to use Pages for personal documents though.

Sorry....The poll didn't show up right away! Have voted.

Last edited:

calb

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
UK
I use Office even for personal use now (where compatibility wouldn't usually be an issue) because of the SkyDrive integration.

Eli727

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2012
Atlanta
Both- but Im using GoogleDocs more and more.

Great thing about GoogleDocs in the workplace is that you can share files with people and when they are working on/edited, its instantaneous and you can see the changes being made, there is never confusion about what version of edits or anything like that.

Also great for documents that you need to be able to check on remotely, from your phone and all (the app is great).

Greenwich

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2012
Still google docs but looking 4 alternatives

Still using Google docs, but not quite satisfied especially with content and formatting loss while conversion or printing. The document never looks the way I want!:mad: Am I alone with this problem?
:confused:

Found Teamlab HTML5 Editor which seems to be much more powerful, but it's still in beta, so sticked to Google yet.

Here's a screenshot -
%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%8B%D0%B9+%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%B0%D0%BA%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.