Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ProfMonnitoff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
For a while now, I haven't been able to do "update all" on the Mac App Store because there's a stray purchase in there. For some reason it thinks that I bought Angry Birds from an account that isn't mine. I don't have Angry Birds installed, and I've never bought Angry Birds. I've also never used Mail.ru.

I can't even buy and install Angry Birds and actually update it, because where I would usually purchase it I just get the reinstall dialog asking me to log into this email account that isn't mine.

This isn't specific to 10.8, I've been having this issue since 10.7.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

GrcJ0.png

iHateMacs

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Coventry, UK
Looks like someone has installed Angry Birds on your machine from a torrent or something.

I had a friend with the same problem. He had Flight Control on his machine which was downloaded from a torrent. It showed up in the APP store even though it was not bought through there. When he tried to update it, it did exactly the same as yours. It knew it was bought through a different account and was asking him to log in with a weird email address.

You must have angry birds somewhere on your system.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
This situation usually happens when you download an .IPA file and the DRM inside is associated with some mail.ru guys. I don't mean that you pirated the app, it may not be you :cool:. But the .IPA file won't work (won't be sync'ed to your phone/iPad) unless you authorized this mail.ru account in your iTunes or you apply some illegal patch to your phone.

I'm quite sure it's not a hacking problem.

Update: Oh it's the Mac App Store. Then clearly someone has downloaded a pirated copy of Angry Birds or whatever on your Mac.

ProfMonnitoff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
The problem was indeed related to Apple not releasing a demo for FCP X (there is one now apparently, but there wasn't when it first came out). I decided to not upgrade for the time being but forgot to clean up the related files. Easy fix of course :eek:

Thanks everyone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.