Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:36 AM   #1
321estrellas
macrumors regular

Pivos AIOS

http://www.amazon.com/Media-Center-G.../dp/B005M1QP7O

Has anyone heard of, or used this media player? I saw it in my local Memory Express store, and the big eye-catcher was that it was 1080p and it had a built-in SATA HDD slot, and only $99 (no HDD included of course). How convenient! There are a lot of mixed reviews, especially on Amazon, many of them saying the interface is ugly and needs a bit of know-how to get it to work properly. But I think anyone who's jailbroken an ATV before will at least have that know-how.

I've been using a jailbroken ATV2 with Plex to play my movies but I often experience buffering, which really kills the movie experience especially in key moments of the film. I bought my dad a WDTV Live player with an external HDD to plug in and play movies from there. A little bit more hassle than my always-updating Plex library but can be worth the effort (and the extra bit of space it takes up).

What do you guys think of it?
321estrellas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:50 AM   #2
whoiare
macrumors member

wait until the XBMC guys get a full version of XBMC for android on it....the price of ATV2s will drop off and atv3s will be come non existent. i would hold off on buying until the XBMC guys decide WHICH is the best hardware for XBMC....so far the pivos is the front runner but id wait
whoiare is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater