|Aug 17, 2012, 12:10 PM||#1|
Help me please
I am asking this question here as some of you may be able to help me as the supplier of my software is NO HELP AT ALL. FIRST I have bought and used DAZ3D Carrara for many years and now had carrara 8.1 pro I have used forever on my older PPC g-5 running OS 10.5.8. When i got that machine i installed it no problem.
I just got my new MACPRO and when I download it for OS 10plus with 64 bit, when I go to register it it wants my serial number and name of course! then enter.. IT seems to accept both as if I put in a wrong number it will reject it.
What I get is the following..... message
"The application cannot get the administrator access right, You should run it once as administrator or reinstall the application"
I have been beating my self to death for 4 days over this and DAZ3D Will not comment.
I have also seen only one other issue of this on google and it was an old post to a DAZ forum and guess what? Not one person answered his either.
I have tried everything i know form both the DAZ3D end as well as everything I can think of as the administrator and guest!
If you don't have an answer for me pleas advise me where to go to find one!
|Aug 17, 2012, 07:55 PM||#2|
Heres the solution!
Are you getting this on mac OS 10.8 when you try to register Carrara 8.1?
"The application cannot get the administrator access right, You should run it once as administrator or reinstall the application.."
Heres what you got to do….
How to enable the root user
OS X Lion
1. From the*Apple*menu choose*System Preferences....
2. From the*View*menu choose*Users & Groups.
3. Click the lock and authenticate as an administrator account.
4. Click Login Options....
5. Click the "Edit..." or "Join..." button at the bottom right.
6. Click the "Open Directory Utility..." button.
7. Click the lock in the Directory Utility window.
8. Enter an administrator account name and password, then click OK.
9. Choose*Enable Root User*from the*Edit*menu.
10. Enter the root password you wish to use in both the Password and Verify fields, then click OK.
How to log in as root Use these steps for Mac OS X v10.2 or later
1. If you are logged in, choose Log Out from the Apple menu.
2. If you are logging in from a list of usernames with pictures, click Other.
3. In the Name field, type: root
4. In the Password field, type the password you defined in the steps above.
THEN launchCarrara then enter your information then wa-la
If you need to LOG OUT as administrator then log back in as who ever you wish and carrara will run fine!
WHEN YOU ARE DONE and HAPPY! YOU ARE WELL ADVISED TO GOT BACK TO USERS/GROUPS AND "DISABLE ROOT USER" or your asking to be hacked!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.