Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:33 AM   #26
mic j
macrumors 68000

I think it is just amazing all of these wonderful reviews on pay software. No one ever provides features that aren't available on free software and no one ever mentions any weaknesses. Makes me very suspicious!
Old Sep 3, 2012, 10:39 AM   #27
omenatarhuri
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarred View Post
When converting mkvs, do you know if iVi converts the audio from AAC to A3C? I finally figured out that was the missing step for me to get 5.1 through my Apple TV 3.
Uh, sorry don't know about that. At least it has some passthru option and it seems that the receiver is getting Dolby Digital.

AAC, A3C, I don't know about.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic j View Post
I think it is just amazing all of these wonderful reviews on pay software. No one ever provides features that aren't available on free software and no one ever mentions any weaknesses. Makes me very suspicious!
As a software developer myself, I want to support indie developers and small companies. Especially if they make a quality product and the prices in today's App Stores are absolutely ridiculously cheap.

But I guess I get what you mean, ppl mostly review when they are happy about the SW or they hate it. This causes the extreme opinions to be over presented.
omenatarhuri is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2012, 10:45 AM   #28
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

I got Smart Convertor Pro from the Mac App Store.

Converts the mkv to mp4 in a few minutes.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/smart...50078312?mt=12

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2012, 12:03 PM   #29
Diode
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to Diode
Look into Subler to convert mkvs to m4v. You need something for the dd-ma though as the appletv can only play ac3 or AAC. It uses Perian to convert dts or ac3 to AAC so it might work. If you already have the ac3 track it will so passthru to allow for 5.1 sound on the ATV. Worth a shot I guess.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:17 PM   #30
pmcdunnough
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic j View Post
You can't automate the whole process in Subler in as simple a way as you can with iVI (Pro). The ?10 for iVI is a bargain given that you can install it on up to 5 computers. In any case while Subler is very good, I just feel it is not up to the capabilities as iVI or iFlicks. iFlicks has a very interesting option that will allow a remux of xvid in an avi container into an m4v container. Works great for me.

Philip
pmcdunnough is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:52 AM   #31
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcdunnough View Post
You can't automate the whole process in Subler in as simple a way as you can with iVI (Pro). The ?10 for iVI is a bargain given that you can install it on up to 5 computers. In any case while Subler is very good, I just feel it is not up to the capabilities as iVI or iFlicks. iFlicks has a very interesting option that will allow a remux of xvid in an avi container into an m4v container. Works great for me.

Philip

Subler supports batching and is 5 times faster than iFlicks / iVI.

Last edited by HexMonkey; Jul 27, 2013 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Removed response to deleted post
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:31 AM   #32
pmcdunnough
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys2 View Post
Subler supports batching and is 5 times faster than iFlicks / iVI.
Well maybe it's true in the subtitle situation, but there is no way that is the case otherwise. In addition, both iFlicks and iVI do so much more than Subler. I have used all three though I far prefer iVI and iFlicks.

Philip
pmcdunnough is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:53 AM   #33
barbarbar
macrumors newbie

I recommended you to try iFlicks. Look for it in the mac App Store. Or download a demo version.

Since i found it, no more problems with MKV.

Ivi is ok too, but sometimes, desynchronise the audio of some movies.

P.D. Sorry about my bad english.
barbarbar is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater