Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I plugged my rMBP into my display at work (an HP with a native res of 1920x1200) and it only lets me go to 1280x800. Anyone know why? If so, how do I fix it? I'm using the same plug I use at home to use my dell display at the same resolution. What's going on with this? Can switchresx force the appropriate resolution?

RexRexington

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2012
any luck getting 1920 x 1200 ?

I want to do the same. I have a Sceptre 24" DVI with that resolution and I also have the adaptor cable Mini display to DVI. Now all I need is my new rMBP that arrives this Tuesday !!! Please let me know how you made out. THanks.

RexRexington

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2012
@gentlefury hope this helps

I plugged my rMBP into my display at work (an HP with a native res of 1920x1200) and it only lets me go to 1280x800. Anyone know why? If so, how do I fix it? I'm using the same plug I use at home to use my dell display at the same resolution. What's going on with this? Can switchresx force the appropriate resolution?
CHeck this out from apple support...

"I need a resolution for my external display that is not appearing on the list. Is there a way to get more resolutions to appear?
Yes. Under the Arrangement tab in Displays System Preferences: Hold the Option key down while clicking the Scaled button to see more resolutions. This is only available in extended desktop mode."

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
CHeck this out from apple support...

"I need a resolution for my external display that is not appearing on the list. Is there a way to get more resolutions to appear?
Yes. Under the Arrangement tab in Displays System Preferences: Hold the Option key down while clicking the Scaled button to see more resolutions. This is only available in extended desktop mode."

I'll have to check that out, thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.