Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sup3rknova

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Riverside, CA
Ok so since I bought I laptop I moved my iMac 5,1 into my kids room. I had leopard on it but it always had buggy issues so I went back to running tiger. Literally hours before when it had leopard everything worked fine. (On the internet).
Since I reverted back, the mac will not connect over WIFI. I am absolutely sure I typed in the correct password but it will keep saying password not correct for airport. Or simply it would not connect. The password issue is weird though since I actually changed it, reconnected my laptop and iPhone with the new password and I get online. Any suggestions?:apple::confused:

Last edited:

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
Just a random guess, but it could be that the airport you're using is a using a newer technology for wifi than tiger supports.

For example older computers don't support WPA-2 passwords. So you need to use a WPA password.

Or your router/Airport is Wifi-n while Tiger only supports Wifi-g.

Stooby Mcdoobie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
According to this, the iMac 5,1 models have a wireless card that supports 802.11n - so that shouldn't be the problem. Does Tiger not support 802.11n? I don't see why it wouldn't support it if it's got the right hardware.

Sup3rknova

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Riverside, CA
Ok changing to WPA WORKED! THANKS! I was online. But.....
after a restart I get this lovely message at the welcome screen.
Im getting frustrated!

Attachments

• photo-1bad.jpg
    photo-1bad.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 144

Sup3rknova

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Riverside, CA
Are you on a fresh install of OS X?

Yup. Freezes after some use. Gotta keep restarting. I installed some new RAM and it still freezes after some use. Looked up the issues and it seems to be a logic board issue with those iMacs. No real fix really. Most people installed SMC to run the fans more. Puts a band aid on a bigger issue it looks like Apple ignored. heres a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viaVumyro3o :mad::( ohwell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.