Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Aug 18, 2012, 06:51 PM   #1
lgtw
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to lgtw
iPhone 4S sync STUCK on backing up

Last night, I removed nearly 1,500 photos from my camera roll, to clear up 3 GB of space on my iPhone 4S.

I'm now trying to add some new music to my phone, from a playlist, as more than 1 people have used my iTunes account in the past, and I cannot fit my whole music library on my 16 GB phone. Unfortunately, I can't even get to sync the phone.

I press 'sync', and then the phone gets stuck on backing up, and sometimes goes FROM step 2 (backing up) BACK to step 1 (preparing the sync), and reboots the phone itself. Could someone please help me? I don't really want to restore my iPhone from a backup, as that backup is nearly 2 days old, which was BEFORE I removed all of those photos from my phone.

What I have currently tried:
-Hard resets to the phone (several times)
-SMC reset on my iMac

-Reinstalling iTunes (rerunning the installer while iTunes still exists on the Mac)
-Backing up again after using " defaults write com.apple.iTunes DeviceBackupsDisabled -bool false"

Currently trying:
I did disable Device Backups using Pref Setter, and was ABLE to sync my phone, but not backup

**While attempting to backup, I have tried to just casually use the phone as I normally can, and the screen slided black from top to bottom.

After using Pref Setter to disable Device Backups, I've narrowed down that backing up IS the problem. If I only I could somehow fix that problem now...

Help/advice is appreciated!
-LGTW (:

Last edited by lgtw; Aug 18, 2012 at 07:51 PM.
lgtw is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Tags
backup, iphone 4s, itunes, restore, syncing