Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 17, 2012
This assertion is about as accurate as any other made here at this point.

There ain't gonna be a refresh in 2012.

Sorry guys but somebody has to say it. The more time that goes by, the more likely to be true this becomes.

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010

Sorry guys but somebody has to say it. The more time that goes by, the more likely to be true this becomes.

many many rumors point out to a sep-oct release. Apple went out their way to say that it was not the imac that was schedule for release in 2013 but the mac pro. You dont have anything to prove otherwise theres hasnt been ANY rumors saying 2013 so stop spreading this. Many many releases have been made on october were not on october yet neither the year has ended anything could happen you have nothing to jump to this conclusion. Youre simply stupid to think that way you do. IM SORRY BUT SOMEONE HAS TO SAY IT.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 17, 2012
Once you sink to personal insults it is clear you have run out of ideas.

My whole point is yes, there is nothing but RUMORS which so far have been wrong. But hope springs eternal I know and denial is a great force to be reckoned with.

The FACT is, Apple has made no announcement or promise to deliver any iMacs in 2012. Period. They have made absolutely no commitment to do this. All the rumors are pipe dreams born of hopes and desires, not facts.

----------

Oh, I don't know what Apple will do for sure anymore than anybody else does. It's just a rumor there won't be a refresh - you know, like the rumor that there will be one. You know, that popular rumor that also cannot be proven.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 17, 2012
You know there's a reason the site is called macRUMORS... just saying.

Absolutely and it is about time the rumor that there will NOT be a refresh got equal time. Summer is nearly over. The year is well past half over, etc.

SlCKB0Y

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2012
Sydney, Australia
The FACT is, Apple has made no announcement or promise to deliver any iMacs in 2012. Period. They have made absolutely no commitment to do this. All the rumors are pipe dreams born of hopes and desires, not facts.

Apple frequently don't announce simple refreshes, in fact this happens all the time...Apple not announcing anything is not an indication of anything at all.

HishamAkhtar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2011
Once you sink to personal insults it is clear you have run out of ideas.

My whole point is yes, there is nothing but RUMORS which so far have been wrong. But hope springs eternal I know and denial is a great force to be reckoned with.

----------

Oh, I don't know what Apple will do for sure anymore than anybody else does. It's just a rumor there won't be a refresh - you know, like the rumor that there will be one. You know, that popular rumor that also cannot be proven.

Apple never makes any promises or announcements to update ANY line.

I'm not going to argue whether there will or won't be a new iMac this year but you sound slightly foolish saying guaranteed there won't be based on absolutely no information.

SlCKB0Y

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2012
Sydney, Australia
You know there's a reason the site is called macRUMORS... just saying.

Usually there is some basis for the rumour or the source of the rumour has previous credibility (eg the source has previously demonstrated to have contacts in the supply chain).

Pffft, maybe we should just stick this random on the front page then?

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 17, 2012
Apple never makes any promises or announcements to update ANY line.

I'm not going to argue whether there will or won't be a new iMac this year but you sound slightly foolish saying guaranteed there won't be based on absolutely no information.

I did not say anything was guaranteed. You sound slightly foolish making up stuff in a thread where anyone can read exactly what was and was not said.

----------

Usually there is some basis for the rumour or the source of the rumour has previous credibility (eg the source has previously demonstrated to have contacts in the supply chain).

Pffft, maybe we should just stick this random on the front page then?

Excellent idea! It's all just moonshine after all so why not?

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
Absolutely and it is about time the rumor that there will NOT be a refresh got equal time. Summer is nearly over. The year is well past half over, etc.

yes i guess sep and october dont exist anymore. Even though apple has had many releases on october before, so youre gonna go ahead and say there wont be a 2012 imac. like someone said already
"thanks tim cook for the news" we totally believe you.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009

There's a chance. Slight, but it's there.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 17, 2012
yes i guess sep and october dont exist anymore. Even though apple has had many releases on october before, so youre gonna go ahead and say there wont be a 2012 imac. like someone said already
"thanks tim cook for the news" we totally believe you.

Care to tell me why I should wait to buy an iMac until "maybe" September or "maybe" October? What if there is no new iMacs then? People said there was sure to be new ones earlier this Summer too - remember? What happened there? I should totally believe you guys who seem convinced they are coming real soon now? Why? On what basis should I believe you?

I still think there is just as much chance there will be no new iMacs as that there will be new ones. I'm not claiming to be Tim Cook but some of you who seem so convinced about when new models are coming out must have some connections to him I don't. How else could you know for sure?

Oh, wait! You DON'T know for sure! That is all I am saying.

Why am I saying this? Because I see people come here and actually buy into this wait, anytime now crap and put off owning a nice new iMac on the basis of unsubstantiated rumors. Nobody is guaranteed another single day to live. It is good to live in the now rather than in some hopeful maybe, someday world. There are some poor souls who have posted here about waiting since last January! That's a long time to wait for so far - NOTHING!

So that's why I bring up the devil's advocate "rumor" if you will. Here's a good quote that kind of illustrates my point about all this rumor stuff:

“We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine.”
― H.L. Mencken

Metal Dice

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2009
Denmark
I always enjoy watching two sides argue about things they couldn't possibly know, for the purpose of making their own decisions convenient, all without realizing that their words aren't shaping reality in any way.

Keep your mind busy and it will feel like there is no wait. :)

Nova Sensei

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2012
Apple wants you to use a portable and a TBD. That way you're more likely to refresh more often and Apple makes more money. Hence no refresh.

Let's face it - the iMac could have been refreshed months ago... There's clearly a desire within Apple not to do so.

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
Classic response when someone doesn't know what else to say. lol :D

And exactly why do YOU start a NEW thread to tell people all this??? - only to provoke... Because there are numerous other morons like yourself that are trolling other threads with this stupid theory. Why couldn't you stick with them?. Guess you needed some extra attention?

Anyway I'm not gonna let myself sink down to your leve and try to argue with you. Believe whatever you want, and go buy the current one and let the rest of us wait if we want.

msg362

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2012
Thailand
I too am impatient

Care to tell me why I should wait to buy an iMac until "maybe" September or "maybe" October? What if there is no new iMacs then? People said there was sure to be new ones earlier this Summer too - remember? What happened there? I should totally believe you guys who seem convinced they are coming real soon now? Why? On what basis should I believe you?

I still think there is just as much chance there will be no new iMacs as that there will be new ones. I'm not claiming to be Tim Cook but some of you who seem so convinced about when new models are coming out must have some connections to him I don't. How else could you know for sure?

Oh, wait! You DON'T know for sure! That is all I am saying.

Why am I saying this? Because I see people come here and actually buy into this wait, anytime now crap and put off owning a nice new iMac on the basis of unsubstantiated rumors. Nobody is guaranteed another single day to live. It is good to live in the now rather than in some hopeful maybe, someday world. There are some poor souls who have posted here about waiting since last January! That's a long time to wait for so far - NOTHING!

So that's why I bring up the devil's advocate "rumor" if you will. Here's a good quote that kind of illustrates my point about all this rumor stuff:

“We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine.”
― H.L. Mencken

Like you, I've been waiting to replace my iMac ( 24" early 2008) Just had problems with it and had to format. If a new iMac is not announced in mid September I'll buy an existing one. All the rumours ( British spelling!!) are just that

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
What you've written isn't a rumour, it's nothing more than speculation, and baseless speculation at that.

The rumour(s) or other information that suggest the iMac will be released around September (or whenever) actually have credibility. On top of that, not releasing a new model makes no sense whatsoever -- it's their only consumer desktop line.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
let me tell you this. Apple officially stated that the iMac will come before 2013. That's it. Nothing more to it. If Apple lied it would hurt their business a lot so your statement is wrong sorry to say.

----------

Classic response when someone doesn't know what else to say. lol :D

I agree with you here :p

----------

And exactly why do YOU start a NEW thread to tell people all this??? - only to provoke... Because there are numerous other morons like yourself that are trolling other threads with this stupid theory. Why couldn't you stick with them?. Guess you needed some extra attention?

Anyway I'm not gonna let myself sink down to your leve and try to argue with you. Believe whatever you want, and go buy the current one and let the rest of us wait if we want.

you are arguing with him in this very reply though :rolleyes:

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
What you've written isn't a rumour, it's nothing more than speculation, and baseless speculation at that.

The rumour(s) or other information that suggest the iMac will be released around September (or whenever) actually have credibility. On top of that, not releasing a new model makes no sense whatsoever -- it's their only consumer desktop line.

Ditto that. Gotta separate rumors from simple speculation. Just bursting out with such theories as this isn't any different than saying you think the iMac will be discontinued of will have touch screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.