Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
How to get the activity window in Safari 6.0 ?
If you're wanting to use the Activity Window for downloading YouTube videos, if you're using Safari and have ClickToFlash installed, right-click on the video and select "Download Video".

You can also use ClipGrab or KeepVid or similar apps or sites.

To download via Safari 5:

While viewing the video just click "Window > Activity" then identify the video in the list of elements (it will likely show something like "258K of 1.8MB" and will be the largest file on the list.
attachment.php
Hold the option key down and double-click the file to download.

There have been mixed reports about the availability of this functionality in Safari 6, using the Develop menu.

defecta

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2010
To confirm I have had *some* success using the developer tools in Safari 6 to do the same thing.

Command + Option + A is the shortcut for 'Show page resources' once you have the Developer tools enabled from Safari Preferences. In there I was able to find .mp4s etc from NineMSN for example.

I just tried to do the same thing with Youtube though and I couldn't find the URL for the video like I did with NineMSN above. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.