Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

NewImage32.png

EA/PopCap announced today that it would be releasing a sequel to Plants vs. Zombies in the Spring of 2013. The company hasn't released any information about pricing, systems, or availability -- but did issue a press release with "comments" from characters from the Plants vs. Zombies universe:
"Spring is crullest curlie ungood time, and plantz grow dull roots," noted an unidentified spokesperson. "So, we are meating you for brainz at yore house. No worry to skedule schedlue plan... we're freee anytime. We'll find you."

"There was a time we relished a bracing, hearty blend of zombies, in the morning," said Sonny F. Lower, a representative of the Flora Forever Foundation. "But first, a brisk shower and some strategic pruning are required. Tomorrow is near!"
The first release of Plants vs. Zombies is available on the Mac, iPhone, and iPad.

Article Link: PopCap Teases Plants vs. Zombies Sequel Coming Next Year

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
I want! But an entire year? I watched the first one top the App Store FOREVER before biting the bullet but now am addicted.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
I enjoyed the first game a lot. The sequel is exciting news, I wonder what new ideas and game elements they'll be adding this time around. :D

thatsfinebut

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2010
Chicago
I hope EA doesn't do anything to tarnish the game such as putting in ads for other games on the menu screen, or having required in-game purchases. I agree with the post above about PvZ being one of the best games available on the iPad, and an amazing game in general. I have logged more hours playing PvZ than I have with any other game. The gameplay, graphics, sound, and everything else is top notch (as is the case with all of the PopCap games I have ever played, such as Peggle).

Achiever

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2008
A Plants vs. Zombies sequel sounds good. You know what sounds better? Finally getting retina screen support for the current versions.

spblat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
A Plants vs. Zombies sequel sounds good. You know what sounds better? Finally getting retina screen support for the current versions.

I'll bet you a nickel there will never be retina graphics for PvZ 1, and that v2 will ship with retina support.

I'm kind of a PvZ nut. Here's me playing endless kinda forever.

http://youtu.be/rPTJXXUF-uQ

AppleHater

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
I'm a huge fan of the game, but they're missing two crucial points. First, it's no call of duty. It's a small budget title, and they seem to treat it as bigger than what it meant to be which typically lead to bloated production losing original core.

Secondly, as much as I like the game, they should rather make a new game. It doesn't fit to have a sequel...for the kind of game.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.