Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nunes013

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
i have a question about my rmbp screen. i was away for the weekend and left my computer home. when i opened it i found two very small (one the size of a pinhead and the other maybe two pinheads) blemishes on the screen. i thought it was dust or something and cleaned the screen with a just a little water and microfiber cloth. however its still there. they give a rainbow effect and i can feel them if i run my fingernail over them. any idea what they might be. they are only apparent in a black or white background (mainly black though).

here is a picture

Attachments

• IMG_1392.JPG
    IMG_1392.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 149
Last edited:

nunes013

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
So it's not a dead pixel and you can physically feel them?

exactly. i can feel it if i run my fingernail over it but if i run the bottom of my finger i can't. the other thing is if i turn the brightness all the way down on the screen and shine a light on it i can see it so thats leads me to believe its not a dead pixel.

klover

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
exactly. i can feel it if i run my fingernail over it but if i run the bottom of my finger i can't. the other thing is if i turn the brightness all the way down on the screen and shine a light on it i can see it so thats leads me to believe its not a dead pixel.

Use a microfibre cloth with some warm, distilled water on it. I had something similiar on mine when I opened it up and it was a small speck of glue (every Mac I've bought these past years seems to have this on it).

chrisfromalbany

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010

ok mine has same thing.. genuis said it was a dirt caught under the screen when it got sealed. I don't believe there is any answer but get replace (totally). I currently still have mine because they didn't have any 2.6 512K rMBP in stock.

Last edited:

nunes013

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
Use a microfibre cloth with some warm, distilled water on it. I had something similiar on mine when I opened it up and it was a small speck of glue (every Mac I've bought these past years seems to have this on it).

i just tried that and unfortunately nothing :(

ok mine has same thing.. genuis said it was a dirt caught under the screen when it got sealed. I don't believe there is any answer but get replace (totally). I currently still have mine because they didn't have any 2.6 512K rMBP in stock.

i was thinking about going to Apple but everything else is perfect with the computer as of now and i didnt want to chance getting a computer with a problem right now. The other thing is I start college again in a few days and I know with the retina they would have to replace the entire machine. and it only bothers me in a darker background because thats only when i see it and i know its there :)

thanks everyone! i just wanted some feedback to see if anyone knew what it might be. it doesnt look like it will go away but if something happens to it ill update :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.