Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TennisandMusic

Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
I am looking for a replacement for the thin layer of foam that comes on a new rMBP between the keyboard and the screen. The one mine came with was, unfortunately, ruined. I would like to replace this if possible, doesn't matter if it's a third party solution. Anyone have any ideas? I have not been able to find anything thus far.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Are you talking about the piece of shipping foam that came between the keyboard and the screen? You can use them from any MacBook Pro 15" and they will fit there. You can always use a microfiber cloth as well if preventing oil stains from the keys to the screen is what you're looking for.

iLikeTurtles!

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
wth...who uses the packaging foam on the macbook? LOL

if ur worried about dirst and junk getting on the screen cause of the keyboard....apple did design it so the screen actualyl doesnt make contact with it...>.>

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
wth...who uses the packaging foam on the macbook? LOL

if ur worried about dirst and junk getting on the screen cause of the keyboard....apple did design it so the screen actualyl doesnt make contact with it...>.>

Who can't type a coherent sentence in 2012 with spell check?

Doggonit

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2012
iLikeTurtles, the mega-troll, has returned. Good to see that No Troll Is Left Behind and they all get to post on the intarwebs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.