Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanqc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
Hey guys,

New rMBP owner here. Very happy with the purchase. Just wondering if anyone has had this weird sound happen to them? Its coming from the left side of the laptop. It happened once after sleep and it went on for a about a minute and twice thereafter for about 5 seconds each. The best I could describe the sound is its a mix of a small fan hitting something/hard drive writing something/metal gridning each other or some type of weird you would hear in a dubstep song. It was very audible and it was about the same loudness of the volume control sound at 50%

Currently I'm trying to reproduce what happened so I can video it and share it with you all. For the cost of a premium laptop, I would like no problems. Let me know if you have any similar experiences.

FatGuy007

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2012
New York
Hey guys,

New rMBP owner here. Very happy with the purchase. Just wondering if anyone has had this weird sound happen to them? Its coming from the left side of the laptop. It happened once after sleep and it went on for a about a minute and twice thereafter for about 5 seconds each. The best I could describe the sound is its a mix of a small fan hitting something/hard drive writing something/metal gridning each other or some type of weird you would hear in a dubstep song. It was very audible and it was about the same loudness of the volume control sound at 50%

Currently I'm trying to reproduce what happened so I can video it and share it with you all. For the cost of a premium laptop, I would like no problems. Let me know if you have any similar experiences.

Nope,
Reset your Pram, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964
If that doesnt work, your fan is probably dying so take it in.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
If you're that worried about it, take it in and stop waiting for a response from users guessing what it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.