Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNoobGuy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
hey guys, i was just wondering what iPod Touch Bluetooth accessories would allow me to watch videos on a TV or play music into an external speaker. i don't mind buying a TV or external speaker specifically for this as i'm in need of both.

what do you guys recommend?

thanks

MacNoobGuy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
i'm looking for something that's an external speaker that can play music from the iPod Touch via the bluetooth. is there anything out there or do i need to plug the iPod Touch directly into the external speaker?

thanks

Engali

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2012
Does it absolutely need to be a Bluetooth connection or would AirPlay work? If the latter is okay, then Apple Tv wild allow you to send videos and music to the big screen via Apple TV. You could also get an Airport Express and plug in any set of speakers using a 3.5mm cable to play music through them from your iPod touch.

There arealso dozens of Bluetooth enabled speakers out there. Jawbone is a high end one that has gotten a lot of attention recenty. I picked up a pair of DBEST Bluetooth speakers and they push out some impressive sound for such portable speakers.

AppleDeviceUser

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Canada
You could buy an Apple TV streaming box for $99, it plugs into any flatscreen TV and it allows you among many other things to wirelessly stream anything you do on your iPod touch 5th gen to the TV

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.