Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:23 PM   #1
lokiju
macrumors 6502

Remove/change folder attributes, not just make visible?

How can I actually change a folders atribute? I copied the iPhoto folder and while I already have in place the ability to show hidden folders and files and it does show the iPhoto folder I copied, it's still greyed out looking.

I assume it has some system or protected attributed of sorts but from what I've read a folder with a hidden attribute defined will show up like that greyed out appearance after doing a system wide show hidden files and folders.

I'm on Mountain Lion and if anyones played with hidden folders, even after making them visible, in ML you can't even double click to open them. You have to actually click on the greyed out looking folder then do command and the down arrow in order to enter it.

My end goal is to get rid of its greyed out appearance and have it treated just like any other folder I might of created myself.

It's an issue as I cannot go into the contents of this folder from within any apps that have a folder brow option. In my case, I'm trying to use the Phanfare app to upload the photos within this folder but within it's folder browser you cannot do a command plus down arrow like you can in Finder to get into the folder with the non-standard attributes.
lokiju is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X