Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:28 AM   #76
shigzeo
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Skype™ to shigzeo
But will it blend?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:31 AM   #77
sfxx
macrumors newbie

Will this run on my Macbook Air (Late 2010) with 2.13 GHz, 4 GB, NVIDIA 320M?
sfxx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:45 AM   #78
mtnDewFTW
macrumors 6502a

Am I the only one that finds very little interest in playing games on a computer? Don't get me wrong, I like my PS3 and everything. I just never enjoy sitting at my computer playing games. Unless it's something like Minecraft that could really only be played on a computer.
mtnDewFTW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:59 AM   #79
LegendarySlayer
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlefieldfan1 View Post
Not a troll. My 2011 17-inch macbook pro can barely run lowest settings TF2, a game which was released 5-years-ago.
I have a 17' 2010 MBP. It runs tf2 fine on native resolution. Stop trolling...
LegendarySlayer is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:08 AM   #80
Treq
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnDewFTW View Post
Am I the only one that finds very little interest in playing games on a computer? Don't get me wrong, I like my PS3 and everything. I just never enjoy sitting at my computer playing games. Unless it's something like Minecraft that could really only be played on a computer.
I don't play enough games to make a dedicated game console worth it. Besides, I've been told the console versions of most games are not as good as the computer versions with keyboards and mice. Also, my mini is a HTPC and is hooked up to my 40" sony. So it can do everything: DVR, Slingbox (eyeTV), file server, home security, and I've been thinking of setting up a vpn through it, but my bandwidth will suffer greatly unless I switch to fios.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:09 AM   #81
JordanNZ
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendarySlayer View Post
I have a 17' 2010 MBP. It runs tf2 fine on native resolution. Stop trolling...
He has stopped trolling.
It seems he was banned a few hours ago.

The game runs great on my iMac. Everything on maximum settings, and running at 60fps constantly with vsync on.

Good job.
JordanNZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:41 AM   #82
faroZ06
Banned

Quote:
The Mac version has fairly liberal system requirements, with CS:GO looking for an Intel Core Duo processor with 2GHz or better, 2GB of RAM, and an ATI Radeon HD 2400 or better or a NVidia 8600M or better.
These are the same as the Windows requirements except that the Windows version requires a way better GPU. And I really, really hate it when I try to play a game and get an error about me having the wrong kind of GPU.

Windows requirements:

Counter Strike Global Offensive system requirements (minimum)
CPU: 3GHz single-core Intel or AMD processor
RAM: 1GB for Windows XP, 2GB for Windows Vista / Windows 7
Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible 256 MB graphics card, Nvidia 8000 series or AMD 3000 series.
Operating system: Windows XP SP2
DirectX compatible sound card
6 GB of hard drive space
--
Counter Strike Global Offensive System Requirements (recommended)
CPU: Dual core Intel or AMD processor
RAM: 1GB for Windows XP, 2GB for Windows Vista/7
Graphics: DirectX 10 compatible 512 MB graphics card, Nvidia 400 series or AMD 5000 series.
Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit
DirectX compatible sound card
6 GB of hard drive space

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlefieldfan1 View Post
Not a troll. My 2011 17-inch macbook pro can barely run lowest settings TF2, a game which was released 5-years-ago.
Something is wrong then. Or you are trolling. Actually, after reading what he said before, this banned guy was trolling. Battlefield (lame game) fans usually don't like Macs. And I took a quick glance at some of his other posts and saw stuff like "iSheep" and "d00dman macs suck for gaming. There's nothing sadder on the Internet than a Mac-hater on a Mac forum (except for a hacker or virus-maker).

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanNZ View Post
They're not lower than the windows version.
The GPU requirements are much lower. And if I actually wanted to play tasteless war games instead of trying to make some pointless Objective-C programs, I'd be all set for these. 8 x 2.8GHz cores can handle anything, and 4GB RAM is pretty good.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post
Congrats on the development but really how dull is another bazillion war games? Get more creative folks.
I know, seriously! This is why I like Nintendo so much. I dislike violent shooting games not because they're inappropriate for little kids but because they're so dull, brainless, and boring. Paper Mario and Windwaker for GameCube, on the other hand, have enough action, plenty of thinking/puzzles, and are really exciting and rewarding. And Super Smash Bros Melee is one of the most strategy-based fighting games ever. Too bad there's the Wii with its nice hardware but suckish games instead of a GameCube II. Nintendo knew how to make great games with relatively bad graphics on weak hardware, the GameCube.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnDewFTW View Post
Same here. I also play Age of Empires II and a few other games that could only be played well on a Mac. I played Team Fortress 2 a little and instantly hated using my keyboard/mouse as game controllers (and the game itself, which is pretty lame).

Last edited by faroZ06; Aug 22, 2012 at 01:40 AM.
faroZ06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:54 AM   #83
faroZ06
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenShaw View Post
Just a guess, but maybe because the specs on Apples (particularly the graphics) are way below the other x64 systems one can buy.
So the graphics requirements are lower? Are the graphics worse?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:58 AM   #84
bazinga!!
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luqtotheman View Post
how do you guys think it will run on my Mac air ultimate?

i7 2ghz
8gb ddr3
Intel Hd graphics 4000 512 MB

worth the buy?
I'm running it on my 2011 MBP with the stupid intel HD3000 graphics card, 4GB ram and i5 2.4ghz and it seems to run well.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:01 AM   #85
Sensation
Banned

Its amazing Valve have released the same game 3 times
I still bought it though.
Sensation is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:07 AM   #86
itickings
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfWarfare View Post
Time Splitters probably has the best multiplayer shooter experience I've ever had...
Amen. Fun stuff.

Wow. Never imagined ever agreeing with you on something ;D
itickings is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:13 AM   #87
Sensation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by itickings View Post
Amen. Fun stuff.

Wow. Never imagined ever agreeing with you on something ;D
Incorrect the best gaming experience was Halo 2 when everyone made and played wacky and crazy custom games.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:20 AM   #88
jurcek86
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luqtotheman View Post
how do you guys think it will run on my Mac air ultimate?

i7 2ghz
8gb ddr3
Intel Hd graphics 4000 512 MB

worth the buy?
50-70fps on 16:10 on 1680x1050 resolution which is kinda bad performance and badly ported game to MAC from WIN

Overview of the game:

-half made (they just switched beta to t he final)
-no silencers on CTs, no mp5
-HE grenades too weak
-no sprays aka signatures
-play with friends->team matchmaking it wont lock you on same team with your friends that queue with you -> what the heck thsi is simple join same server as your friend like on CS:S...
-audio settings changed in options does not save to the config (permissions with config are not a problem)
-was hoping for 10 degrees more POV
-T models were hard to distinct from CTs in the start specially on de_dust
-love the recoil changes they did
-ak4 still one hits you
-binds using flashbang/smoke/he were removed?

Last edited by jurcek86; Aug 22, 2012 at 02:32 AM. Reason: adding my opinion to the game
jurcek86 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:28 AM   #89
faroZ06
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensation View Post
Incorrect the best gaming experience was Halo 2 when everyone made and played wacky and crazy custom games.
Halo (in general) and 007 NightFire (XBOX) are the only multiplayer shooting games I like. Halo would really suck without the vehicles, but it's great with them. As for singleplayer shooting games, my favorites are Goldeneye 007 (N64), 007 NightFire (XBOX), and Agent Under Fire (XBOX). And I'm not a big James Bond fan, in case you're wondering.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurcek86 View Post
50-70fps on 16:10 on 1680x1050 resolution which is kinda bad performance and badly ported game to MAC from WIN
I really doubt you can tell the difference after 60FPS or even 50FPS. And my display can't even show anything higher than 60FPS due to the 60Hz refresh rate. As for the porting, is it a legit port or something semi-annoying in WINE?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:47 AM   #90
ConCat
Banned

Just so all you guys know, it runs very smoothly on my 2011 i5 MBA. I don't get how that one guy is claiming performance problems on an old MBP, even under Lion. The GPU isn't too bad to run the source engine if my HD 3K can do it.
ConCat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:55 AM   #91
Skika
macrumors 68020

People still play this archaic game????
Old Aug 22, 2012, 02:56 AM   #92
digitalove
macrumors regular

fps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwidaniel View Post
For those wondering about running the game on a Macbook air. I have the summer 2012 model of the macbook air.

Specs are in my sig, it runs perfectly.
can you please tell me how many fps do you have?
digitalove is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:07 AM   #93
csgorunscrappy
macrumors newbie

Game runs pretty terribly on my 2010 MBP 13 (2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, 320m). No matter what I put the settings / resolution at, I bounce back and forth from 20 to 70 FPS. This pretty much makes it unplayable, especially because it goes into the 20s when people are firing. Which is the worst possible time for the game to stutter. The fact that the settings don't affect it at all tells me that there is just something wrong with the port.. i.e. it's ******.

The matchmaking system is just bad. I'd say there's a pretty significant skill gap in the game 75% of the time (1 - 3 people way better than the rest), which shouldn't happen. As well, 75% of the time, one team absolutely crushes the other, which again, shouldn't happen. You can also change / choose teams from round to round, which generally results in the better players trying to stay together because winning is more fun. This is a bad idea in a matchmaking system.

Then the matchmaking system will throw you into a match with 100+ ping.. because the server is in Australia. Are you kidding me? So you have to quit a few times until you end up in a server nearer to you. Even if you manage that, you still might be thrown into a game where your team is losing 0-8 and you have at least 7 more rounds of domination to face.
csgorunscrappy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:10 AM   #94
Barna Biro
macrumors 6502a

Will definitely give it a shot one I get home.
Haven't played CS since 1.5... It's definitely a cool FPS game!
Barna Biro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:41 AM   #95
i0Nic
macrumors 65816

Good to see more and more games coming to Mac.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:44 AM   #96
mofish
macrumors member

I played this when it was in BETA and it was pretty good, although had some hit box issues! Might be worth an install
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:59 AM   #97
Sensation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by faroZ06 View Post
Halo (in general) and 007 NightFire (XBOX) are the only multiplayer shooting games I like. Halo would really suck without the vehicles, but it's great with them. As for singleplayer shooting games, my favorites are Goldeneye 007 (N64), 007 NightFire (XBOX), and Agent Under Fire (XBOX). And I'm not a big James Bond fan, in case you're wondering.

----------

I really doubt you can tell the difference after 60FPS or even 50FPS. And my display can't even show anything higher than 60FPS due to the 60Hz refresh rate. As for the porting, is it a legit port or something semi-annoying in WINE?
I never liked Nightfire, it just seemed so low budget and not that great
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:03 AM   #98
layte
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elec999 View Post
Why are the specs required for a game much lower on a mac?
It is probably due to the large user base of machines with relatively weak GPU's. If the mac specs listed were higher a large number of users would be turned off buying it.

It all seems a buy cynical to me, we have seen that source titles already run slightly better under windows on the same hardware, and anyone who does actually try to run this on a 2400 series is in for a world of pain (headaches brought on by the stuttering frame rate).

Valve will know exactly what hardware the majority of their users will be running due to the statistics the Steam client sends back (if you let it)?
layte is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:17 AM   #99
Sensation
Banned

Source engine looks very dated now compared to mighty Frostbite used in BF3. Sort this our please Valve!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:24 AM   #100
lars666
macrumors 6502a

Does anybody know the easiest/best way to configure a PS3 controller for this? The controller is recognized, but doesn't really work the way it should. Already tried the program "Gamepad Companion" with not much luck ...
lars666 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion