Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2011
Can someone confirm that this is possible? Time Machine backup to a network drive while system in sleep mode? Has anyone ever done this and confirm?

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2011
Just wanted to share that the Power Nap feature successfully completed a Time Machine backup on a network drive via Airport Extreme.

My next concern is will I be able to access a superdrive/blue ray burner attached to the Airport Extreme?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Just wanted to share that the Power Nap feature successfully completed a Time Machine backup on a network drive via Airport Extreme.

My next concern is will I be able to access a superdrive/blue ray burner attached to the Airport Extreme?

Access the burner for what exactly? Do you have some auto backup to BR disc or something?

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2011
Access the burner for what exactly? Do you have some auto backup to BR disc or something?

Lol, just for watching movies or accessing games I guess. In case you forgot, rMBP's do not have a built-in Superdrive, and I don't feel like connecting a drive via USB while I'm around the house.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.