Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iamsophie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
Australia
Hello everyone :)
I have a 16gb iPhone 4S, and I'm wondering if I should jailbreak. Now, I love the idea of themes and tweaks, but I'm worried that Telstra (I'm in Australia, and they are my plan providers) will be able to see the jailbreak. Is there anything that would render my plan useless?
Ive jail broken my iTouch before, I'm just a bit worried as my dad still pays for my plan, (it's under his name, don't ask) will be able to see the jailbreak.

Oh and one more question, if I'm sending a iMessage from my phone number to a Apple ID, will they (Telstra) see that on my phone bill?

Thank you so much!

Dima470

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2011
West Sacramento, CA
There is no way they can see you are jailbroken, and if they can, they are not allowed to do anything about it. Usually the carriers don't even really care about that kind of stuff.

iamsophie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
Australia
There is no way they can see you are jailbroken, and if they can, they are not allowed to do anything about it. Usually the carriers don't even really care about that kind of stuff.
Awesome, that's great.
If I'm sending from phone number to iMessage, can they see that?

teamjaycub

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
Awesome, that's great.
If I'm sending from phone number to iMessage, can they see that?

As long as you are using iMessage, they shouldn't be able to see your texts. I think it would just come up as data usage if you're off WiFi.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
as long as you are on wifi it bypasses the carrier and is free.

If on data it will show up as data on the bill not as an txt.

iamsophie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
Australia
as long as you are on wifi it bypasses the carrier and is free.

If on data it will show up as data on the bill not as an txt.

Awesome thank you so much!
That's exactly what I needed to hear, and to the previous poster, I'm sorry I see what you mean now. Just didn't understand at first, I do now :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.