Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:34 AM   #1
popilas
macrumors newbie

Ipod nano 6g and running.

Hello to all

I am using an Ipod nano 6g for a year now when I run (usually 10K runs) and I am very happy with it. I love the size of it and I hate the fact that the little thing doesn’t have a Bluetooth!!
Nano is always hidden in my pocket so I have headphones with a control in order to change tracks, pause, adjust the volume etc. The problem is that I have ruined my previous two pairs with the sweat from running. Can someone advice what earbunds- headphones should I buy? My requirements are:

Remote control for ipod
Durability
Comfort

Please share any comments or thoughts
popilas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:53 AM   #2
deeddawg
macrumors 603

Check out the Sennheiser line. I haven't killed my pmx 680i's yet, but Sennheiser claims sweat proof so if they die I'll expect warranty replacement.

Careful with the nano though, the 6th gen are inordinately susceptible to sweat damage. Keep it in a plastic bag unless you're using a waterproof case.
deeddawg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:44 PM   #3
floling
macrumors member

as a musician i'm not a very big fan of sennheisers..
too tiny cables, they're just built to fragile ..
soundwise i'm not on the tiny sennheiser in ear buds..
i think the bass is too much "oversized"
being on stage (as a bass-player) using in ear monitoring i'm really a big fan of Shure headphones
using old slc2 in ears they're doing exactly what i want.
as well on stage, and pretty much when i want to listen to hifi-audio on a train or elsewhere.

there are some 100€/$ shure buds that'll do the job!

cheers from germany

floling
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:18 AM   #4
popilas
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeddawg View Post
Check out the Sennheiser line. I haven't killed my pmx 680i's yet, but Sennheiser claims sweat proof so if they die I'll expect warranty replacement.

Careful with the nano though, the 6th gen are inordinately susceptible to sweat damage. Keep it in a plastic bag unless you're using a waterproof case.

Thanks.

I am going to buy from a local store here in Greece the Sennheiser/Adidas MX 680i Sports Earbuds in order to be have local warranty if needed. My nano is in a plastic cover inside my pocket in my running nike shorts so no sweat for the nano!!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by floling View Post
as a musician i'm not a very big fan of sennheisers..
too tiny cables, they're just built to fragile ..
soundwise i'm not on the tiny sennheiser in ear buds..
i think the bass is too much "oversized"
being on stage (as a bass-player) using in ear monitoring i'm really a big fan of Shure headphones
using old slc2 in ears they're doing exactly what i want.
as well on stage, and pretty much when i want to listen to hifi-audio on a train or elsewhere.

there are some 100€/$ shure buds that'll do the job!

cheers from germany

floling

Thanks for your info

I am going for the Sennheiser/Adidas MX 680i Sports Earbuds. Let's hope the item is sweat proof!!!
popilas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:13 PM   #5
Engali
macrumors member

Two Bluetooth solutions are the currently available Kokia Bluetooth transmitter (look it up in amazon) or the Kickstarter watch band called Syre. I opted for the latter.
Engali is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod