Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cep

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
In The new maps can you mark destinations on the maps that you visit with some regularity? I use a GPS on my laptop that allows me to mark locations on the map. When I am traveling in an area I could look at the map and see that there is a customer to visit a few blocks away as there is a pinned spot on the map.

ProphetX

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2011
In The new maps can you mark destinations on the maps that you visit with some regularity? I use a GPS on my laptop that allows me to mark locations on the map. When I am traveling in an area I could look at the map and see that there is a customer to visit a few blocks away as there is a pinned spot on the map.

Save them to your contacts and they will show on the map.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Hold your finger for a while on the spot you want saved and a pin will drop, on the label is a little button which you can press and a new screen will open with several options;

Route to this place
Route from this place
remove dropped pin
put location in contacts
bookmark location
Share location
Report problem

So yes, you can save/bookmark locations you like.

Edit;
On the normal map screen there is a small book icon in the right upper corner which you can press to see all your bookmarked locations.

cep

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
How do I get the all of my bookmarked pins to display on the map?

cep

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
Ive been through setting up bookmarks, how (if possible) can I have all of my bookmarked locations displayed on the screen. If I am in an area, I would like to see who is around my current location. From time to time I may miss stopping in to see a customer, as I use my current GPS(on a laptop) always in a new area. I would love to shed the laptop, but I need the ability to have all of my stopped shown on the map. Can anyone help? There was mention at the top of this thread about an app within an app, is there anything out there to achieve what it is that I am looking for?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.