Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:37 AM   #51
Killa Aaron
macrumors regular

seems like they made fullscreen swiping faster.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:17 AM   #52
PurrBall
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to PurrBall
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicecom View Post
That's incredibly stupid. I assume it's a bug and will be fixed before its released to the public.
Mine aren't set to email and it works fine.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 8-24-12 at 12.23.05 PM.png
Views:	94
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	354273

Last edited by PurrBall; Aug 24, 2012 at 11:26 AM.
PurrBall is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:27 PM   #53
Krazy Bill
Banned

In the Note.app, are all the "Find" commands still greyed out in 10.8.2? (Under the Edit > Find menu).

If so, honestly, I don't understand what the problem is with this. If Apple is concerned I'm going to hurt somebody by searching my notes then remove the find commands altogether.
Krazy Bill is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:10 PM   #54
Steve.P.JobsFan
macrumors 6502a

So, you need the iOS 6 Beta installed on your iOS device for unified iMessage to work?
Apple TV | 3rd Generation
Steve.P.JobsFan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:14 PM   #55
alftechguru
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderben25 View Post
I didn't know iOS 6 was needed for that, I'm indeed using iOS 5.1.1, then the problem is solved I guess. Thanks !
Yes, iOS 6 is needed for this!! Hope it helps
alftechguru is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 03:18 PM   #56
i-John
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedifferent View Post
Works, now you can send from OS X using your mobile digits to other iMessage/iPhone users, or from any registered email address on your account. You may have to make certain your AppleID is linked with your iPhone number.

After I installed .2 update, my iPhone 4S and iPad recognized that OS X is using this number in Messages.

Yup. Seems as this is now the case.

(Sorry mods, please merge posts if you can, normally automatically does this when posting another one immediately after so my apologies).
It also seems to be working well also for a change. No lag, and almost instant on all devices right now.
i-John is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 03:19 PM   #57
bedifferent
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Bill View Post
In the Note.app, are all the "Find" commands still greyed out in 10.8.2? (Under the Edit > Find menu).

If so, honestly, I don't understand what the problem is with this. If Apple is concerned I'm going to hurt somebody by searching my notes then remove the find commands altogether.
"Note List Search" and "Jump to Selection" are available. I don't have any notes so the rest are grey.

Also, I'm getting Facebook notifications perfectly. I disengaged "MenuTab Pro" notifications as it isn't needed now. Don't know about needed e-mail notifications set, never did such. Open "Notification Center" in "System Preferences" and make certain you have Facebook and Sharing notifications active and configured, as well as configuring Facebook in "Mail, Contacts & Calendars" first. It's just like setting up Twitter, the account needs to be active, then notifications can be configured.
bedifferent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 03:24 PM   #58
Krazy Bill
Banned

Quote:
"Note List Search" and "Jump to Selection" are available. I don't have any notes so the rest are grey.
Yes, I know those search features are there... but they just search note titles.

Create a dummy note, open it and see if the "Find" commands are available to search inside the note itself.

If you would please.
Krazy Bill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:12 PM   #59
PurrBall
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Yes, I know those search features are there... but they just search note titles.

Create a dummy note, open it and see if the "Find" commands are available to search inside the note itself.

If you would please.
They aren't.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:34 PM   #60
bedifferent
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:

If you would please.
Good find. I haven't used Notes in OS X much. However, the "Spotlight" search seems to be the direction Apple wants to take in searching through notes (perhaps?).
bedifferent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:07 PM   #61
Krazy Bill
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurrBall View Post
They aren't.
Quote:
Good find. I haven't used Notes in OS X much. However, the "Spotlight" search seems to be the direction Apple wants to take in searching through notes (perhaps?).
Thanks for checking you two. Damn.

God I hope It doesn't come to just using Spotlight to find crap. Search 200,000 files to look for a single word/phrase in a document, then open it. Then take the cursor to that search criteria?

I must be the only one that searches their notes on occasion as nobody else has noticed this.

And it will probably be 10.8.7 before somebody at Apple notices. Oops. Off to file another feature request.
Krazy Bill is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:16 PM   #62
WhackyNinja
macrumors 68000

Send a message via Skype™ to WhackyNinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by verniesgarden View Post
seemed to overwrite it for me, seems more stable, though i would love if facebook messenger would come to iMessage
I heard Facebook is working on Facebook Messenger for Mac. But til then Im still using Jabber on iMessage for Facebook lol

"Am I a good man?" -The Twelfth Doctor
WhackyNinja is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:39 PM   #63
verniesgarden
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to verniesgarden
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhackyNinja View Post
I heard Facebook is working on Facebook Messenger for Mac. But til then Im still using Jabber on iMessage for Facebook lol
that's what i'm doing too, i don't want a ton of stand alone messengers, i want one app and one layout, if only i could get skype into iMessage i'd be set.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:54 PM   #64
Morris
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by q64ceo View Post
Why have companies made the decision for rapid release method?
They haven't. On the contrary, it took a month for 10.8.1 to follow 10.8.0. That is relatively long for Apple, it was three weeks on Lion and two weeks on Snow Leopard.

We don't know when 10.8.2 will be released but it'll be quite some weeks away.
Morris is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2012, 01:27 PM   #65
retrospek
macrumors 6502

I think I've found the way to get Facebook notifications. All you have to do is add your friends to the 'Close Friends' category - and then you get notified when they post something.

Appears to be working for me - I've gone from receiving NO notifications to now receiving notifications from my close friends...
Old Aug 25, 2012, 02:09 PM   #66
PurrBall
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrospek View Post
I think I've found the way to get Facebook notifications. All you have to do is add your friends to the 'Close Friends' category - and then you get notified when they post something.

Appears to be working for me - I've gone from receiving NO notifications to now receiving notifications from my close friends...
Mine work perfectly without doing anything. Nothing shows up if you currently have Facebook open, that may be your issue.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 06:13 AM   #67
Livingspring
macrumors newbie

Would it be possible to update the 10.8.2 developer beta to the final 10.8.2
or only a clean install of ML?
BTW I am not a developer
Livingspring is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:03 PM   #68
awakenthedead
macrumors newbie

any word on how this is doing on battery life? it is better, same or worse? im not too concerned about the facebook integration right now, to make my 2012 MBA useable i have to have notification center turned off so... im hoping for a decent improvement in battery life so i can use all the features of 10.8...
awakenthedead is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:57 AM   #69
davidlv
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingspring View Post
Would it be possible to update the 10.8.2 developer beta to the final 10.8.2
or only a clean install of ML?
BTW I am not a developer
Should be able to do the update to the official release when it comes out. I did a similar update from an early build of 10.8.1 to the official 10.8.1 without any problem.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:13 AM   #70
Livingspring
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlv View Post
Should be able to do the update to the official release when it comes out. I did a similar update from an early build of 10.8.1 to the official 10.8.1 without any problem.
Thanks a lot
Livingspring is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:18 PM   #71
oneofakind
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to oneofakind
SMH No Comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBP View Post
This is not twitter

#sogtfo
Sure thing Chief
oneofakind is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:24 AM   #72
flowsy
macrumors member

External links from Mail, Twitter, etc. are opened double in Firefox or Chrome. Doesn't happen in Safari. Anybody else got that problem?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:02 AM   #73
barrettj
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowsy View Post
External links from Mail, Twitter, etc. are opened double in Firefox or Chrome. Doesn't happen in Safari. Anybody else got that problem?
It does happen in Safari (but only if Safari was already running, if it wasn't running then only one is opened). I've heard reports of it happening to other people, and I've filed a bug report with Apple.

It actually appears to be nearly any external link: mailto, custom URL schemes, etc.
barrettj is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:15 AM   #74
j-a-x
macrumors 65816

My Facebook notification started working after a few days, but when I click the notification it doesn't take me to Facebook.
j-a-x is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:22 AM   #75
flowsy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrettj View Post
It does happen in Safari (but only if Safari was already running, if it wasn't running then only one is opened). I've heard reports of it happening to other people, and I've filed a bug report with Apple.

It actually appears to be nearly any external link: mailto, custom URL schemes, etc.
Thanks! Good(?) to know it's not just me. I couldn't find any similar case.

I tested and uninstalled a lot to find out why. No chance. Like I said, Safari seems fine on my machine. But if I choose Chrome or Firefox as my main browser they will open every external link double. And yes, only when they are already running.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion