Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjoshi123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
Is there any good MP3 mesh-up and trimmer software out there for MAC ? I'm looking at something that could help be pick certain portion of song from one song and allow me to save it as a separate MP3 file.
Preferabley if there is a plug-in that works with Aperture or iMoive than that would be great as it will allow me to add music to slideshow and cut out unwanted portion of music.

leekaiwei

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2011
U.K.
Is there any good MP3 mesh-up and trimmer software out there for MAC ? I'm looking at something that could help be pick certain portion of song from one song and allow me to save it as a separate MP3 file.
Preferabley if there is a plug-in that works with Aperture or iMoive than that would be great as it will allow me to add music to slideshow and cut out unwanted portion of music.

Garageband is more than capable to do that, though it may be a hassle for something as simple as what you want to do. In which case go for Audacity. Very lightweight and yet has a fair bit of functionality, allowing you to do what you need.

Cris79

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2012
Yes, its possible with MP3 Cutter for Mac!! I've been trying loads of software, and finally it works with it. Use the editing functionality of Audacity to trim mp3. Works great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.