Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheWildOne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2012
Hello, I recently downloaded quasar on my iPad 3rd gen and it was extremely buggy. I was wondering if any of you are also having this issue. I had to remove it because it rendered my iPad useless. It's a really cool app but I just wish it wasn't so buggy.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Hello, I recently downloaded quasar on my iPad 3rd gen and it was extremely buggy. I was wondering if any of you are also having this issue. I had to remove it because it rendered my iPad useless. It's a really cool app but I just wish it wasn't so buggy.

It IS buggy. I rarely use it - always switch to it when I absolutely need to keep another task in a window. (Downloading; IRC-like communication etc.)

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
I wish it had a way to hide the status bar for each app and a way to auto-tile windows for each take half the screen, a quarter of the screen, etc.

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
Personally I love it. Yeah its buggy but its very useful. On the first release my big problem was having to maximize the window on every app you opened, but now there is an option to maximize on the startup of the app.

I use it to watch Netflix, Twitch, on board video etc. while browsing the web, or just to keep their audio playing in the background while I have another app maximized.

If you use the iPad vertically you can get a very large readable web window on the bottom and have all black bars of widescreen video off the screen and covered up by the web. Very effective use of the screen space.

The option I'd really like added is the ability to pin an app on top.

I leave it off by default because it does cause occasional crashes and needless clutter in closing things if you don't need to multi-task, but it takes all of 10 seconds to respring it on/off so thats no big deal.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Dash has just been released into the Cydia store ($2). Did anyone try it? Does it allow for real multitasking in the background?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.