Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xephyre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Hi all, I just received my rMBP today (my first ever mac device) and i'm absolutely loving it. So far i've tested the machine for image retention, backlight bleeding, dead pixels and the sound system. Is there anything else I should be testing? Also, I had interesting observation. I compared my rMBP (LG display) alongside my sis' cMBP which has a Samsung display and to my surprise, her display had yellowish tint while mine was much 'whiter'. Since i don't have a rMBP with Samsung display, i can't imagine how it will fare against it but i've always thought LG display are more on the yellowish side until I compared it with my sis' cMBP. Cheers! :)

stuaz

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
If you look for problems, most likely you will just convince yourself there is a problem when really it isn't.

Use it and enjoy it.

Jdem2

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2011
NJ and PA
I'm with the others that say enjoy it and don't look for problems. I've had my rMBP for 1 month now and I was convinced a couple of weeks ago that I would have a problem from reading the forums.

Ran a hardware test without my power connected and it told me I had a hardware fault and I needed to contact Apple Care. Turns out all I had to do was connect the power and run it again.

I have an LG display and my machine is perfect...Enjoy!!!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008

iLikeTurtles!

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
performance dont check

but i always check if theres a dent or something on the exterior, thats worth looking around atleast once?

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
performance dont check

but i always check if theres a dent or something on the exterior, thats worth looking around atleast once?

I think common sense would say that someone that just purchased a new MBP would check for visible damage. The OP was asking what to test for, which implies running tests in search of other problems.

I'm with the others on this. If you love the computer, it's running well and doing all the things you need it to do, you should be good to go. You have a warranty just in case something goes wrong later on.

Ricanlegend

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2009
Bronx,Ny
There's alot of things you can do like , see how fast you can open the lid or how fast you can close it. How long you can stare the retina display without blinking ,

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
I agree with others ... enjoy your new Mac.

as for me ... I don't even calibrate my battery or test it for that matter ... I just use it.

cheers :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.