Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gronyiv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
I cracked my back glass cover on my iPhone 4 and I was wondering what's the best vendor on Amazon to buy a replacement from (I have a gift card to Amazon)? It also appears some of them don't have flash diffuser's so can I take the flash diffuser out of my broken back plate and put it in the new one?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Sane your Amazon card for a case and get Apple or Mission:Repair to fix your back glass.

$30 for a full repair with lifetime guarantee and replacement if dropped/damaged again. Here's the link.

Last edited:

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
I cracked my back glass cover on my iPhone 4 and I was wondering what's the best vendor on Amazon to buy a replacement from (I have a gift card to Amazon)? It also appears some of them don't have flash diffuser's so can I take the flash diffuser out of my broken back plate and put it in the new one?

I find it amazing that you would go through all that trouble, instead of taking it to the Apple store, purchasing a new back cover for $29 and be done with it in 5 minutes. You must have a lot of free time.

gronyiv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Well there are screens on eBay for $10 so apple doesn't seem like the best option. And does anybody know if I can use my old flash diffuser?

iAmYou

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Well there are screens on eBay for $10 so apple doesn't seem like the best option. And does anybody know if I can use my old flash diffuser?

Apple for $29 is certainly your best option. Nobody said it was the cheapest.

gronyiv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Why is apple the best option? Won't one from eBay be just as good?

iAmYou

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Why is apple the best option? Won't one from eBay be just as good?

I would say no.
Plus your warranty will be protected, if there is any remaining.
They will install it and it will include all necessary parts.

gronyiv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
I don't have a warranty. I think $20 is a big enough price difference to make eBay a better option.

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
I don't have a warranty. I think $20 is a big enough price difference to make eBay a better option.

Everyone here has told you to buy the back cover from the Apple store... You don't seem like you want to take our advice and your mind seems made up already...

Make the eBay purchase, but don't complain when you have a cheap knock-off on your phone that will usually cause camera issues.

gronyiv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Well the main reason I posted on here was to know if I could use the flash diffuser off my old back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.