Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zedman5526

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
Hi, I just bough a new retina Macbook pro and i am trying to instal the driver for my Wireless router as the connection keeps droping out with out it.
The install process requires me to turn on airport from the wireless menu, but no such thing exists. im running mountain lion. can anyone help Thanks!

Nov 28, 2010
located
I never had to install a driver for a router, be it a wired or wireless one, or be it on a Windows computer or Mac. What exact router do you have?
And since you have connection problems, the WiFi is probably already on, isn't it?
Anyway, have you looked at System Preferences > Network > Wi-Fi yet?

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

Zedman5526

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
Im using a buffalo air station, yeah I ve had a look at the wifi setting but no Airport on/off section

Nov 28, 2010
located
Im using a buffalo air station, yeah I ve had a look at the wifi setting but no Airport on/off section

Wireless LAN is no longer called "AirPort" since Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. It is just called "Wi-Fi". (link)

If it does not appear on the left side, click the + icon on the bottom to add a that interface. Again, how did you connect to the router before?

Zedman5526

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
Wireless LAN is no longer called "AirPort" since Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. It is just called "Wi-Fi". (link)

If it does not appear on the left side, click the + icon on the bottom to add a that interface. Again, how did you connect to the router before?

Thanks, managed to fix it, turns out the driver that came with the rooter was outdated with the new one, which was compatible. Now a happy user! Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.